Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who has this toy?

Cosmo
Cosmo Member Posts: 159
I have been looking at this in the catalogs, with saliva dripping out my mouth for a while, I want to know who has one, do they like it, and where can I get the best deal?

Thanks,Casmo

Comments

• Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139

I watched a friend cut a sub-1/16" ring on one of these. He says the main benefit is that it saves your wrists.
  • JIM F.
    JIM F. Member Posts: 82
    rigid

just checked out the site.very cool tool.how much does a tool like that go for??

http://www.ridgid.com/index2.html

• Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Very cool

How much? Does it sit on a bench or a pipe vise? Can't be too cheap.
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    Paul Rohrs_2 Member Posts: 171
    Costs

I priced one to a contractor the other day @ $1025.00 It is a chunk of change.
  • Saw it at \"Propress site\"

List price is $1,199

So far, Paul has the best price.

If you're as old as me, it'll be a real wrist/elbow saver. As well as a time/money/labour saver. Bottom line is where it counts, eh?

I wish the ProPress cost that little.

Y'all take care now.

Brian in Swampland.
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710

We got this machine about two months ago and we love it! Our apprentice almost lost his job after making the purchace. It was about $1,010.
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Home depot

price was $1200.00. I'm seriously considering it. Wouldn't mind paying less. Have calls to supply houses but no return calls yet.
  • rick_4
    rick_4 Member Posts: 14

Who gave the apprentice permission to purchace something that expensive? Propress tool worth every dime.
  • Gregg Jackson
    Gregg Jackson Member Posts: 55
    i agree on the Pro Press

we will be buying our third machine within two weeks. I can't tell you how awesome the system is. You need to use it a few times and see the labor savings.

Gregg
  • Chris_4
    Chris_4 Member Posts: 75

is this tool faily portable? looks like it has a handle to carry it around, but some tools are just too heavy to be called portable!

would be nice to have though

Chris
  • Cosmo
    Pretty portable...

> is this tool faily portable? looks like it has a

> handle to carry it around, but some tools are

> just too heavy to be called portable!

>

> would be

> nice to have though

>

> Chris

Cas
  • Cosmo
    Pretty portable...

It weighs 50 lbs, not for a service call but I think just the ticket for my intented use- new hydronic installs. I have looked at the propress, and was impressed...the rep said that you can even go back to a fitting after it has been crimped and swivel the fitting w/ no leaks, AND it is still guaranteed not to leak. I hope that the fittings become more available.....I may buy into it

Cas
  • Jamie Pompetti
    Jamie Pompetti Member Posts: 82

No, there almost wasn't a need for him anymore! (HA-HA)
  • rick_4
    rick_4 Member Posts: 14

Still good for a service calls. leaking water main in finished basement propress male adpter with ball valve 4 seconds turn off valve no more water.A million and one uses. perfect for high rise repairs.u name it
This discussion has been closed.