Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wirsbo with embassy?

Options
does anyone know if i can i use wirsbo manifolds with embassy pex? thanks, bob
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    Options
    You can use Wirsbo and Rauhau together

Both PEX A, but I don't know about embassy.

Boilerpro
  • Bill Clinton
    Bill Clinton Member Posts: 75
    Options
    depending

on exactly how Wirsbo manifolds go together (I'm not familiar with them) If you have to use the expansion tool to enlarge the tube to fit a Wirsbo fitting, my understanding is the answer is no. Embassy pex is radiation cross-linked to 70--80% and is much stiffer than Wirsbo tube: It may crack if expanded. On the other hand, I have used crimp fittings and compression fittings with Embassy with no problems.

Bill
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    i would be using

wirsbo compression fittings and manifolds with the embassy pipe. thanks for your reply bill i will be piping that in today. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Should work fine

If you are talking about the compression type manifold, I mix brands all the time. As long as the tube has ASTM standard the diameters should be the same.

The MultiCor tube takes a different fitting than regular pex.

I have seen plenty of jobs with Wirsbo used with standard crimp fittings also. As far as the expander tool type of connection I would stick with Wirsbo tube.

I have used this slide lock tool on various brands also. It expands the tube and pulls a brass ring over the fitting. Very tough on your hands!!

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • JIM F.
    JIM F. Member Posts: 82
    Options
    expander tool

wouldn't be nice to convert that tool to a pneumatic air expander tool. wirsbo makes a tool(pneumatic) for 3/8" - 1"
    pex altough yje price i think is about a $1000.
    love to have that tool in the middle of winter when running and connecting 3/4 and 1" runs
    jim f.
This discussion has been closed.