Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plumberizing Dewalt's dry cut saw hr

Options
You are the king of all tinkerers!Your parents must have loved you as a kid,I'll bet you had all kinds of contraptions on your bike?????

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=100&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options

I added a quick release chuck to the shaft to use Mill Rose fitting brushes and pipe cleaners. I need to modify the guard a tad so it still drops as the blade is lifted. I may shorten the adapter a bit also. The allen key does reach thrugh the deep socket I welded to the blade bolt, to change the blades.

RPMs are about right also and the "dead man" switch is a nice safety feature.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Gregg Jackson
    Gregg Jackson Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Is there any difference between this and ......

my Ridgid Dry Cut saw? I was just wondering if the RPM's, amps, etc. are higher? Wondering if I should make the change.

Gregg
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    You just

can't leave it alone, can you?

Do you have anything that's NOT modified?

:>)

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Gregg Jackson
    Options
    Just answered my own question......

FYI .... The Dewalt is 15 Amp 5.3 Horsepower. My Ridgid is 15 Amp and only 2 Horsepower. Now I have to replace it !

Gregg
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    I hear you brother Alan!

Remember his damn boots........AAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH.........If he wasnt so damn smart I'd blame drugs.........but this guy is sharp:)

cheese
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    horsepower is a funny thing, electrically speaking

Tool manufactures design most tool to operate on 15 amp circuits. With this in mind it is mathematicaly impossible to run a 120 V 5 hp motor on 15 amps continously, under load. Somewhere around 2-1/2 hp (1865 watts)is max.

Most circuit breakers and fuses have a surge rating and capability. Tool manufactures play the surge game to come up with those high HP ratings. They count on the breaker being able to handle more than a 15 amp load for a short period of time.

Ever hear a circuit breaker buzz when a table saw is turned on or loaded heavily. Enjoy the buzz while it lasts :)

hot rod

• Gregg Jackson
    Options
    do you think there

will be a noticeable diference in performance?

Gregg
This discussion has been closed.