Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tools stolen

Options
Jamie_6
Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
Last night in my home driveway someone brook into my truck and stole about 4,000 dollars worth of tools!

COWARD

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Jamie

If you don't have insurance how about posting a list of some of the tings you may need.And a shipping address. We're in this industry together my friend and I would be glad to help with what ever I can. I have some extra stuff that you are welcome to. and I'm sure folks here will step up to the plate as tehy have so many times before.

Let us know how we can help.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    What a drag

Hope you were insured. I've been lucky over the years as far as theft. I keep an inland marine policy on my stuff which covers replacement cost. Expensive insurance but....

Take digital pictures of all your stuff so you can documant and remember exactly what you have.

Sorry! Let us know if we can help. Hit the nearby pawn shops this weekend you may see some familiar stuff.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • jerryb
    jerryb Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Stolen Tools

Should do to someone what the cowboys did to horse thieves!!!
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    i know the feeling

I walked into my shop on June 22nd, to find out I was missing a chop saw, rigid 600, bacharach kit, sawzall, right angle drill, dewalt 14volt battery drill, just to name a few things....finally got the check from the insurance company a few weeks ago (minus depreation) and forget the tools that I got as Christmas presents when I first started out.

Crooks suck, but you have to carry the insurance, or you wont get anything from what the theives take

Chuck Shaw

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    I know the feeling

On June 22nd I walked into my shop to find I was missing a Rigid 600, a Bacharach kit, sawzall, right angle drill, chop saw, a couple of battery drills, and a few more things.

I submitted a claim, and after depreciation, I got a check. About 2 weeks ago

I hate crooks, but you have to pay their preimums to protect yourself from the theives

Chuck Shaw

• antman
    antman Member Posts: 182
    Options

Jamie, I know the feeling, happend to me last year while I was in a building dept. filing a job, broad daylight.
    It sucks!
    I'm with Alan, A friend in need is a fiend indeed!

Ant

• antman
    antman Member Posts: 182
    Options

Jamie, I know the feeling, happend to me earlier this year, while I was in a building dept. filing a job, broad daylight.
    It sucks!
    I'm with Alan, A friend in need is a friend indeed!

Ant

• Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    this is why.....

IT is so important to be careful of any used tool purchases, if the tool is being sold by anyone that is not in the trade. If the seller is not the guy that made use of the tool, then where did it come from?? And if it is hot and you are found with it, probaly go back to the owner without any reimbusement of funds!! why support the crooks, just to save a few bucks!!
  • Jamie Pompetti
    Jamie Pompetti Member Posts: 82
    Options

Thanks all; your consideration is greatly appreciated! Fortunately we do have insurance on our tools so I had to make a thorough list of what was missing and submit it to the insurance company today! Then I went on toolcribs.com and got some prices and the insurance company approved them. Went out and found everything for the same price and got all new tools today. Cost me a day of work though. Now I'll have to make it up on Sunday. (We are only running w/ three guys now and we are really backed up) Also is a bit scary knowing that someone came on my property and broke into my stuff.

If it happens again I hope I hear them so I can let one of the dogs out to see what's going on.

Oh yeah the final damage was $3,700
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options

Good for you brother, That was a smart move making sure you had insurance. Still if you need anything just give a shout my friend.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • tombig
    tombig Member Posts: 291
    Options
    Sorry to hear about it bro'

Got to have that coverage...and documentation. Has anyone noticed that this animal behavior increases this time of year and peaks around Christmas?
  • Steve Miller
    Steve Miller Member Posts: 115
    Options
    stolen tools

This past August I got off early at 3:30, Parked in my driveway and went inside to enjoy my new A/C and got on the computer and realized I left my cell phone in the truck. I went outside and found my window broke and a bunch of tools missing plus I left my wallet on the seat cuz I stopped for a burrito at the drive up on the way home. They got my cell phone too so after calling the police, I called my own cell phone and the punk answered! It took the cops 4 hours to come and take the report. My neighbor saw two young guys walking down the street about the time it happened and he noticed Dewalt tools, He thought they were getting off work or something but did noticed one of them had a weird **** punk rock haircut with spikes. The next day I went to the nearest pawn shop and asked if anyone was in there trying to pawn my stuff and a guy heard me in back room and came out and said, yeah, two guys came in yesterday and tried pawning the things I mentioned. He didn't take it in cuz they didn't know what they had and he had a bad feeling. I asked if one of them had a spiked hair and he said, yep! There was two of them he said, about 18 or 19 years old. Just the age of young guys we'd like to hire and teach the trades but can't find anyone that age that wants to work. I guess smashing windows to steal stuff beats getting up at sunrise and working 10-12 hours. Hopefully they'll do 10 -12 years if they ever get caught.

Steve M.
  • MikeR
    MikeR Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Be careful...

These crooks may be back. Very often they will strike, and then after 3 or 4 weeks, they know that you must have a truck full of new tools, so they strike again!
    Get the dogs ready!
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Been there.........feel for ya

about 4 years ago....they took the whole truck.....at least $15,000. in tools and parts.....took a while to build it up. but got smart ...insurance for all tools...kill switch on van.....Hockey puck type locks on doors...cage from front to back.....learn from it bro.......good luck Mad Dog

This discussion has been closed.