Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prior to Pex

Options
John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
I thought I was aqt the Mystery Spot or walking on the walls when I came across this earlier radiant floor heating system. This was just one of the many fascinating sights I saw during my tour of this 1923 mansion built for actress Julie Harris in Grosse Pointe, MI. I'll have a story about this job (and a lot of pics) in the Nov. 11 issue of The News.

The contractor is replacing this vaccum steam heat system (installed in 1923 and updated in 1929) with a commercially-sized 900,000 Btu boiler, as well as a Unico system to provide a/c, which the house has never had. It's a big job and should make for an interesting before and after story.

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Dancin' on the ceiling

I thought I was aqt the Mystery Spot or walking on the walls when I came across this earlier radiant floor heating system. This was just one of the many fascinating sights I saw during my tour of this 1923 mansion built for actress Julie Harris in Grosse Pointe, MI. I'll have a story about this job (and a lot of pics) in the Nov. 11 issue of The News.

The contractor is replacing this vaccum steam heat system (installed in 1923 and updated in 1929) with a commercially-sized 900,000 Btu boiler, as well as a Unico system to provide a/c, which the house has never had. It's a big job and should make for an interesting before and after story.

This discussion has been closed.