Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

green water

Options
cliff_2
cliff_2 Member Posts: 1
I did a plumbing job about one year ago and now the home owner has called me back they have 6 new bathrooms in the house. and i am having a problem with the master whirlpool tub the water has a slight tint of green to it. all the water in the rest of the house is fine. I have my ideas, but i need help what could be making the water a greenish color?

Comments

• Cosmo
    Cosmo Member Posts: 159
    Options

Not that it could be the cause of your green water but I once had a customer who had a green curtain kind of thing under the sunlight in the ceiling of her master bath. She also complained about the green water.....she blushed when I looked up at the curtain and scratched my head.... Six bathrooms huh? Are they all being used daily?

Casmos Valavanis
    Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
    dependablephc@enter.net
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    6 to clean

as my wife likes to say when she reads about such a house, "do you realize that's six toilets to clean?"

and as I usually reply "if you can afford a house with six bathrooms you can afford to hire someone to clean them"

:-)

Mark
  • Rich
    Rich Member Posts: 20
    Options
    green water

Try a product called "PURGE" .They say that there product will remove the bath residue that is lurking on the inside walls of your customers whirlpool pipes.Purge is made by the Hydravac Corporation out of Dallas Texas. The National Council for Whirlpool Bath and Health & Safety out of Washington D.C. reccomends a cleaning atleast once a year. Sounds like this bath may be do. This product has worked for me. With very good results. Rich....
  • Rich
    Rich Member Posts: 20
    Options
    green water

Try a product called "PURGE" .They say that there product will remove the bath residue that is lurking on the inside walls of your customers whirlpool pipes.Purge is made by the Hydravac Corporation out of Dallas Texas. The National Council for Whirlpool Bath and Health & Safety out of Washington D.C. reccomends a cleaning atleast once a year. Sounds like this bath may be do. This product has worked for me. With very good results. Rich....
  • Lou S.
    Lou S. Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Green Water

First check to see if there is a recirc. line on the water heater(s). Then make darn sure there is a check installed on that line, otherwise that high cfm jacuzzi faucet will pull water from the bottom of the water heater as well, resulting in green water and small crud particles. Happened to me. Install of an inline spring check solved problem.. Lou
  • pugdog
    pugdog Member Posts: 4
    Options

You need to have the water analized. The Ph is probably low and the house requires a system to neutralize it. Have a complete water test done so that if there are any other problems they can all be corrected. It will have to be a good size system to handle the flow from six bathrooms.
This discussion has been closed.