Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas Valve

Bill_3 Member Posts: 34
Eletrical connection's on this gas valve are marked Th-Th & Tr in the middle connection. What does the Th stand for and what does the Tr stand for. I have an idea, but am not sure.

Thanks Bill


  • Bill_3
    Bill_3 Member Posts: 34
    E-mail address

    This is the right E-mail address. I finally found out how to use this site. I been away from it since last May.

  • Honeywell Gas Valve

    TH stands for Thermostat or conrol wiring

    TR stands for Transformer

    You do not have to use the TH/TR terminal if you wire controls through the transformer. It is just a 2 wire series 80 24 volt system with one coil in the valve. The coil is between TH and TR.
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Take one of those old valves

    apart some time before you junk it out. The top, connection on something like a V804 the th tr terminal is a dummy terminal that isn't connected inside the valve. it's just a convience terminal so a wire nut isn't needed. As Timmy said the coil is between th and tr. one wire of the stat goes to th and the other to th tr. one wire of the tfmr goes to tr the other to th tr. The only switch is the stat and the only load is the valve coil. Keep asking questions, the only dumb one is the one we don't ask.
This discussion has been closed.