Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Customer tracking/scheduling software

Can anyone recommend a good software package that can help us with tracking sales leads & customer info and scheduling appointments? If it could generate professional-looking, customizable estimates as well that would be a big plus. It would also be excellent if data could easily be exported from one computer to another. Right now we are using Quickbooks for our bookkeeping but customers don't get entered into Quickbooks until a a contract is signed. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    QB

Jon,

What version QB.... QB pro???

al
  • Jon Harrod_2
    Jon Harrod_2 Member Posts: 3

Yes, QB pro. The working copy of the books is on the bookkeeper's computer. She updates the books and emails me backups so I can look at financials. We've thought about going to a network version that would allow us to both update the files without overwriting each other's work but have been wary of the expense.
  • Gregg Jackson
    Gregg Jackson Member Posts: 55
    software.......

I have been using QuickBooks Pro for nearly 7 years. I changed last year to a fancy (read expensive) program that made more work than I cared for. I have realized that QuickBooks Pro is unbelievably pwoerful and even more so if you tweak it to your companies needs. There are also many third party software packages that seamlessly tie into Quickbooks and run at real time - scheduling, work orders, etc. Read the manual that comes with it and really learn how to use "ITEMS" in Quickbooks and the possibilities are endless. They also have electronic payroll features that are second to none and priced better than national services.

Gregg
  • Gregg Jackson
    Gregg Jackson Member Posts: 55
    also.........

Quickbooks is eager to gain and KEEP customers. Call their national sales line and tel them you want the network version. They ususally make a great deal to get you to upgrade. I did and we love it. I can spit on income statements, tech. productivity reports, balance sheets - you name it at any hour of any day. The reporting capabilities are the best - and they export to Excel.

Gregg
  • eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    scheduling

John,

I have been using QB & QB Pro since DOS ver.

I don't know how much control you have with the accountant version thing you are doing.

If you make an estimate for your service costumer and memorize it. "ctrl M" you can have it come up on the "To Do Notes" under Memorized Transactions Due.
    When you hit "ctrl T" the list comes up. Open the drop down Memorized Transaction then select edit. Here you can select when to Remind you or can have it automatically entered. When your customer agrees
    to a contract you convert the estimate to an invoice and have it come up automatically on their service date.

I hope this helps

al
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    QB?

I had many conversations with people around the country about software. Quick Books was not on the list whan it came to tracking jobs and especially scheduling. We also have used QBP for years now, but decided to get Wintac Pro last year. Sadly, I still have not had time to phase in the software... I'm a stuborn mule who refuses to get out of the truck and run the business. Seriously though, you need to look into a dispatching program. Look in the back of PM magazine, there are tons of programs out there.

Gary

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
This discussion has been closed.