Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ESBE AVDO (TV) bypass balancing

Options
RB_2
RB_2 Member Posts: 272
Knowing my Danish collegues...I'm guessing it means

Automatic
Valve
Differential
O...? (opening)

Comments

• Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Balancing valve needed with primary/secondary?

Instructions included with valve note the need for a balancing valve on the bypass line. It appears that the valve continues to allow full flow thru the bypass port even after setpoint reached, so I can understand the need for a balancing valve on the bypass in a "standard" piping arrangement where the system has a much higher pressure drop than the bypass. Without throttling the bypass the water would still favor the bypass even with the system port open.

Do you find that the balancing valve is still necessary when the bypass/AVDO is part of a boiler primary loop? The pressure drop across both the bypass and system paths would
    seem to be much closer. If equal you'd end up with a 50-50 flow split so I'm guessing the balancing valve is still needed?

Mark
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    TV Valve & AVDO different valves

Hi Mark,

I'm thinkin from your post the valve install in question is the ESBE TV valve a temperature activated bypass vs the AVDO which is a pressure activated bypass.

I'll introduce you to Doug Valdron one of engineers in our Mississauga office who'll give you hand with this.

doug_valdron@danfoss.com

If you send him a drawing on how you plan on installing the valve he can get a better idea of your situation.

...he's a busy guy so if the reply is a little long for your liking...let me know via email and I'll have our Calgary guys help you out.

RB
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Mark J Strawcutter Member Posts: 625
    Options
    just testing :-)

Yes, I was indeed referring to the temperature activated bypass valve. I will also be using an AVDO on the secondary and got my names mixes up.

Thanks for the contact - I think I corresponded with Doug back when I was looking for a spec sheet for the TV.

I also think ME uses TVs quite frequently and perhaps he'll have some advice.

Mark

PS - is "AVDO" an acrynym for something meaningful in Danish? :-)
This discussion has been closed.