Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


Cosmo Member Posts: 159
I will be laying tube in garage slab, I remember seeing something posted on the wall.... I think they were called chair lounges, I need them to ensure the tubing stays near the top of the slab. What exactly are they called, how far should they be spaced apart?

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.


  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106

    these are called continous rail chairs, or sometimes rebar chairs. The ones with the rails, instead of just feet, work best if you are going over foam or other types of insulation. These come in 5 foot long strips. I place them about 4 foot on center.

    Generally, stores that supply rebar or mesh have them, also steel supply or concrete supply companies. 1-1/2" tall would put your 1/2" tube about center in the slab. The clip tie tool works great with mesh on chairs!

    hot rod

    To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.