Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mass. Oilburner Installers

Options
Firedragon_4
Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
If you install in Mass., please read this:

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?id=24736;article=22870

Thank you!

Comments

• Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    Complete posting follows and thanks Dan H.!

On December 4th and 5th I'll be training over 300 MA Fire Inspectors on the code, FACT!

They will see our new book on the code that is available now at FireDragon for the first time.

As loyal readers of 'The Wall' we will be offering you a discount of $5.00/ copy through 1/2/03.
    We will be sending out a mailing on 1/2/03 and after that even my mother pays $25.00/copy. Don't delay on this we expect to see the Fire Departments place a lot of orders and then you'll be standing in a basement wondering 'what happened'. Do this now!

The CMR 4.00 Guide FOURTH EDITION
    The book that covers all of the information required to be up to date on the newest version of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Regulation's on Oil Burning Equipment, 527 CMR 4.00. The manual covers all of the changes that have taken effect through 2002.

Our first, second, and third editions are used by both local fire services and oilheat equipment installers, and are considered the standard and authoritative text on the subject. It is the manual used in all seminars conducted by the Firefighting Academy, and is the only oil heat industry's NORA Certified program on the subject.

The NEW Fourth Edition includes a revised 'Inspection Checklist' and 'Question and Answer' section, and a new section on the correct installation of AST fuel oil tanks. With a new 8-1/2" x 11" format, and many new and improved training aids, the Fourth Edition is sure to be desired by everyone involved in the installation and inspection of oil burning equipment.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    To all

George is the absolute expert on this subject and if you're in the Commonwealth, I urge you to get his book.

Good price!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Let me add my two cents worth

George is the man. I encourage all of you oil guys and even some of you gas guys can learn something from George I sure do, I have all of his books, get out and hear what he has to say and get his books.
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    Ditto Timmie !

Great teacher and writer . My tattered specimans ride with me everywhere . Might I also suggest anyone who works on Riello burners look into "The Riello Handbook" . This is a must have . I understand that there is an updated version now available ,so don't wait too long ! (NO I'm not getting any kickbacks guys!) Chris.
  • John G. Merritt
    John G. Merritt Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Gas-Oil High&low fired Burners

Having a problem with understanding how high/low fired
    burners work! Most experienced in residential Oil Burners.
    I have inherited some commercial jobs now and if anyone
    can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it

Thanks Guys.

John
  • chris smith_2
    chris smith_2 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    high low fire

john,

gas/ oil burner, is it and oil burner with a gas pilot, or a combo unit, and its hi/lo fire what brand they are all a little diff. but here goes on a webster oil burner the gun goes thru a pre purge low high low cycle then it attempts a pilot light off if the pilot falme is sensed[uses an eye similar to a residential unit] it opens a pair of fuel solinoids that allow fuel to the nozzle if a flame signal[ stronger than the gas pilot] is proved it allows gun to continue firing in low fire mode your fuel pressure will be around 100-125 psi if high fire mode is needed a signal from a pressuretrol or similar device send a signal to the gun to increase fuel pressure to around 300psi[done with solinoid valve/fuel valve combo, or a fuel valve that is driven by a honeywell motor acctuater] a corresponding increase in air flow is needed and on some webster they use a piston driven by oil pressure to open the air damper more on others they use the same motor actuator as the fuel valve
    hope this helps

chris smith

paradise porter maine

ps. if you can catch a class with george or timmie do it you will learn so much i had a question about aquastats and the info timmie had blew me away[ and the guy mailed it to me!!!!]
  • John G. Merritt
    John G. Merritt Member Posts: 140
    Options
    High-Low fired Burners

Thanks Chris for your help. The Burner I'm having a problem with, is a Gas-Oil Wiel-McClain with an air band and 2 solenoids. Has a Gas Ignition (pilot) It runs on low fire only! 10 GPH (2Nozzles) The Customer wants to swith from Gas to Oil whenever he wants. I can't see how this can happen because the air adjustment must be changed for 1 fuel or the other. (Gas-Oil Toggle switch on control panel)
    No air adjustment but air band. Am I wrong here? Shouldn't the burner coupling be removed for Gas Burning?
    John
This discussion has been closed.