Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

taco

Options
Gary Usa_2
Gary Usa_2 Member Posts: 45
hiya would their be any reps here of taco please,i am trying to get a full set of technical details on the relays etc,a full set of wiring diagrams please,and a fault finding sheet on the whole range of taco products,if their is any taco reps out their i would be extremly gratefull if you would be so kind to contact me please.as i am trying to learn the whole prospect of the wiring.

many thanks

all the best

gary usa

Comments

• Not a rep but...

I have a bunch of Taco material I will send you no charge. I know I have your address here somewhere. I will get it off in the next few days.
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    The mans....

A walking encyclopedia , but still has the books "just in case ".

How'd Fluffy fare , looks like she had a busy weekend too ! Thanks for spreading the training truth at TG . It was greatly appreciated . Like Scott said , you know I'll be seeing you soon . Chris .

P.S. I did see the lovely Judy as I was departing and am glad to see that she's STILL putting up with the ragged types she was bound to meet after the bar opened ! Thanks again .
  • mp1969
    mp1969 Member Posts: 226
    Options
    At your finger tips

Try the following website:

www.taco-hvac.com/product.html

Rich K.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • jwade55
    jwade55 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    I am a taco rep

and I'd be happy to help out. Email me.

J
  • allen
    allen Member Posts: 12
    Options

Beware of the SR 506 relay... I had 2 of them in a row where the boiler was not being called in. Relay number 2 is being picked as you can visually see when any zone calls for heat... Relay # 2 closes two sets of contacts. One set of contacts I believe supplies 115 volts to the other relays (3 through 7) which is used for circ pumps. And the other set of relays shorts the connection to the boiler that will bring boiler to high temp. If the boiler is not coming on then unplug relay number 2 and look at the socket. You should see 6 contact points as 5 will not work. I had 2 of these controllers in a row with only 5 contacts.

It was no fun dealing with the local plumbing supply house that of course accused me of blowing the relay up. And explaining it was rather interesting........

Allen in Mass
  • allen
    allen Member Posts: 12
    Options

Beware of the SR 506 relay... I had 2 of them in a row where the boiler was not being called in. Relay number 2 is being picked as you can visually see when any zone calls for heat... Relay # 2 closes two sets of contacts. One set of contacts I believe supplies 115 volts to the other relays (3 through 7) which is used for circ pumps. And the other set of relays shorts the connection to the boiler that will bring boiler to high temp. If the boiler is not coming on then unplug relay number 2 and look at the socket. You should see 6 contact points as 5 will not work. I had 2 of these controllers in a row with only 5 contacts.

It was no fun dealing with the local plumbing supply house that of course accused me of blowing the relay up. And explaining it was rather interesting........

Allen in Mass
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Had that exact problem

with a 404. It worked for two days then quit. I didn't have a spare so I had to mount a small RBM relay inside the Taco box to operate my pump 120 volt.

Too bad those relays are not to plug in type!

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.