Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trinity

Options
Steve Ebels
Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
The Vitodens from Viessmann is rated to 10,000 ft altitude. Modulating burner, variable speed pump, outdoor reset, dhw production capable, balanced flue concentric exhaust/intake, built in pressure bypass, isolation valves built in, control will operate mixing devices, programmable temp/time/setbacks/, the burner is incredible, no flame it's radiant. I could go on but.........you get the picture. Does it cost more? on first glance yes. When you use it in the right application it's not any more expensive than a cheaper boiler with a bunch of other controls hung on it in order to make it function the way you want.

Try one sometime if you get the chance. You'll be as amazed as I was on the first one. But then.... It's a Viessmann what do you expect??

Comments

• Walt
    Walt Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Trinity

Anyone have experience with the new Trinity Boilers? They seem to have many of the features of the Munchkins, but they already have outdoor reset. The supplyer that I use is pushing them instead of Munchkin.
  • Luke Lefever
    Luke Lefever Member Posts: 62
    Options
    We've had alot of trouble with one.

We installed an NTI Trinity for a customer of ours. So far, I have not been impressed. Bad ignition module, lots of noise when firing. Getting better, but not fixed yet. Manufacturers rep has offered some suggestions, but also seems to be at a slight loss as to what is wrong with it. Raising gas pressure from local utility did help somewhat. At this point, I can't say that I would recommend another one. If this one settles down and works correctly- I might be able to in the future. Just my 2 cents worth. Luke Lefever, Lefever Plumbing & Heating, Inc., Elkhart, Indiana.

PS. MZ Monitor is much nicer (for a lot more money).
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Options
    no problems..

I have a couple in and five more sold - very quiet and clean. Like any of the small exchanger boilers they require lots of flow. This T150 has 5 zones in 3 separate radiant styles.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Tim Davis
    Tim Davis Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Trinity

I needed a high alt propane boiler for a job in the mountans,munchkins are not available yet. so I tryed a trinity so far all is well,The thing i really like is that when it calls for domestic water the controler will ramp up the water temp.This is ideal for concret radiant jobs and one domestic zone no water mixing required.

Tim Davis

• Walt
    Walt Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Trinity

Thanks for the input.
  • MS
    MS Member Posts: 3
    Options

• MS
    Options

• MS
    Options

• Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    Big delta

I'd like to know what kind of delta T you are seeing through this boiler and what they say is acceptable. Even the 200mbh is piped with 3/4" in and out. The chart I saw gave a 40 head /8 gpm or something like that. What is the minimum this boiler wants pumping through it?
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Circing the trinity

Hi Troy, In the manual NTI call for a nominal circ of Grunfos 26-64 on the 150 and 26-99 on the 200. Nothing specific in gpm throughputs. I'm using primary/secondary on any I've put in with qood results and letting the system flows sort out the return temps. NTI will accept 45% glycol in them too! It's not the boiler the munchkin is in many ways but it sure hits the market pricing we're looking for. Enjoy...Dan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    I just got my first one today.

I was like a kid opening a package. I like the simplicity of it. Anxious to try it out. Looks well made.
  • Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Another one of the inside

This discussion has been closed.