Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiant floor system - Lennox complete heat

Options
We have an application in a commercial Goodyear tire store that's had many tank failures on Lennox Complete Heat units. We're wondering if anyone has any recommendations on piping to alleviate our tank failures. The unit is being used to heat a radiant slab, and for domestic hot water to wash tires. There are no domestic showers in the building just a couple of hand sinks. Any ideas?

Comments

• Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    What is a

Lennox Complete Heat system? Furnace with a hot water coil on it? Does it have a heat exchanger between it and the domestic use side of the system?
  • Andy Michl_2
    Andy Michl_2 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Lennox complete heat

The Lennox Complete heat is a 30 gallon water heater / boiler that provides a steady flow at 4 gpm and 120 degrees F hot water. 90% efficient sealed combustion. When they are working correctly they are amazing. But when they are acting up they are just a pain. Some units work fine from day one and others you can change every component and still have it not work. Lennox always tells you to change out the unit in the end. It seams that the combustion chamber is so picky that any deviance from the acceptable tolorances and they just won't run correctly. They remind me of the hydro pulse boilers from a few years back. I have 6 installed and the people love them, have not had any troubles. Andy
  • mwhale
    mwhale Member Posts: 1
    Options
    lennox complete heat

We have this unit on a rental program. Performance has been extremely disappointing. In one town house complex less than 5 years old we have changed about 50% of the units under warranty. Tank failure under warranty is the common theme here. Units are hard to get quickly and extremely expensive to stock. Customer satifaction is less than zip!

Solution,,,,alternate equipment obviously but venting and foot print restrictions have limited, no elimiated this as an option.
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Just how

Is this piece of equipment set up? Does it work like a sealed system heating fluid external to the boiler? (I.E. an indirect?) Or does the "boiler" directly heat the fluid as it passes through? 100% makeup water? I'm not familiar with the product at all. Have never seen a pic or run into one in the field. My ever inquiring mind needs to know these things.
  • tim from Reed Wright
    Options
    complete heat failing

> We have an application in a commercial Goodyear

> tire store that's had many tank failures on

> Lennox Complete Heat units. We're wondering if

> anyone has any recommendations on piping to

> alleviate our tank failures. The unit is being

> used to heat a radiant slab, and for domestic hot

> water to wash tires. There are no domestic

> showers in the building just a couple of hand

> sinks. Any ideas?

• tim from Reed Wright
    Options
    complete heat failing

Did you install the tubing or was it existing. Numerous tank failures lead me to wonder if this is older polybute or some sort. If the tubing is older I would be looking at installing a plate and frame heat x and being done with the oxygen problem. If not tubing then??? water quality. Just a little info. good luck
  • Glenn Harrison
    Glenn Harrison Member Posts: 405
    Options
    Lennox Complete heat tank failure answers

Lennox has admitted to having problems with the tanks failing, mainly on the stainless steel tank welds. All the new units are coming with a pressure reducing valve set for forty pounds and a diaphram expansion tank. Their theory is higher water pressures are causing too much stress on the welds, so cut back and maintin a steady pressure in the tank and it should be fine. You can also get the P.R.V. and expansion tank thru Lennox parts to add to exising units to extend the tank life.

Hope this helps.
    Glenn Harrison
  • Jim Grinna
    Jim Grinna Member Posts: 2
    Options

This particular unit was setup as you suggest when it was originally installed 4-5 years ago. Since then we have replaced the tank nearly every year. Thanks for your input.
  • Dennis Lee
    Dennis Lee Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Fax

Jim, was wondering if you got my fax yet? Call or e-mail with any questions.
    Regards,
    Dennis.

This discussion has been closed.