Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Insulated Tarp

Options
Ian_3
Ian_3 Member Posts: 3
Have one of those "11th hour" RFH jobs to do where the HO has things backfilled with next to no room for insulation. Looking for some names of insulating tarps and possibly a BC/AB Canada connection. Thanks to all, Ian

Comments

• Patrick_3
    Patrick_3 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    insulation

I've used insul-tarp and double bubble. Insultarp has a thickness of 3/8 & 1/2" with R-value equivalent of R-5 & R-10.
    Double bubble has equivalent of R-10.
    Insultarp- (309)698-0062 or (309)266-8410
    I will try and find a number for double bubble manf.
    Patrick
  • rick_2
    rick_2 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    r-foil

r-foil b/f/b best specs on the market to our knowledge (if any one knows of somthing better were all ears) shelton supply (prisco/keith)203 929-6344 or thier web site www.rfoil.com for a supplier near u.
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Slab Shield

I've used this in several slabs.This HAS A GUARANTIED R value!!The pics here below are 1/2" thick.There is a foil shield inbetween the foam layers.The stuff is very tuff.It also is a vapor barrier.The 1/2" shown here has a guarantied R value of 3.No bubble equivalent of R.......show me the bubble guarantee!Dont think you'll find one.This stuff is 4'W x 1/2" thick x 100' long.

cheese
  • heretic
    heretic Member Posts: 159
    Options
  • mp1969
    mp1969 Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Insultarp

Just used Insultarp for the first time ,I found it very easy to work with and fast to lay down , Wirsbo barbed staples worked great with it and I did a 2800 sq ft basement slab w/piping in less than 8 hrs>
    Has a tendency to bunch up when you first open bundles,and when you cut it ,otherwise I would use it again!
This discussion has been closed.