Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Syntho Glass

Options
There is one last resort to getting it repaired, without doing it right as Paul Correctly suggests. Find an old Grandma who is agile enough to wrap it up with friction tape! I am not kidding, Those old gals have a way to stop leaks in pipe with old rags, tape (of any kind), string, and they just wrap it up a little and walla, no leakie!. Hot water, cold water, drains,150# pressure, no problem at all. Me, I have a tough time with a designed pressure clamp for even a temporary drip stop. I think it is an Angel thing! anyway bigugh

Comments

• Jim_3
    Jim_3 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Leak repairs of a difficult nature.

Hi guys,
    Been a few years since I have been here. You all have been much help in the past.

My question today is about a leak I now have on a copper manifold. It is a drip, about once every ten seconds. To repair it with solder is going to take half a day. To use one of the composite epoxy kits like Syntho Glass will take about thirty minutes. I have no involvement with this company, but I have been netting heavy all morning. Does this stuff really work with Propylene Glycol in the boiler water. This is just a baseboard heating system, and not that complicated.

Of course 'they' say it will work. Have any of you guys tried it? I know you are pureists, and to have a leak in a solder joint is against all that is right. :)

If this stuff works it would save everyone so much travel time and aggrevation. Let me know what you think.

The particulars are at www.neptuneresearch.com . I asked them about boilers, and they said they didn't know, which translates to me that it don't work. Anxious to hear what you have to say.

Thanks all...

Jim
  • Paul_6
    Paul_6 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    invest

the half a day and solder it up. you won't regret it.

Paul
  • Jim_3
    Jim_3 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick response Paul. You guy's words are gospel to me.

Jim
This discussion has been closed.