Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tandem oil tanks

2»

Comments

• Jimi Les
    Jimi Les Member Posts: 10
    Did the job today.

OK, I piped the tanks today. Two tanks, separate from one another. Each tank has it's own 2" fill, vent, guage & 3/8" feed line to boiler. Inside boiler room, I valved each line from each tank, then tee'd the two lines together AFTER the valves, so the homeowner ( my father-in-law ) can choose which tank to use from inside the house ( yes, I also put valves directly under each tank). The reasoning behind this setup is that one tank can be filled in the summer when the prices are cheaper, without stopping the regular delivery from the usual supplier. Also, it is added security when we get 18" of snow in November, and everyone is crying for a delivery because they don't have automatic delivery. Winters can be rough in Danbury.
    My thanks to all the fine plumbing & heating professionals who contributed to this discussion. I definately came to the right place for help.
    And a very special thanks to Dan Holohan for creating a wonderful forum for the exchange of invaluble information. The world is a much better place because of him. Again, my thanx to all.
  • Jimi Les
    Jimi Les Member Posts: 10
    Did the job today.

OK, I piped the tanks today. Two tanks, separate from one another. Each tank has it's own 2" fill, vent, guage & 3/8" feed line to boiler. Inside boiler room, I valved each line from each tank, then tee'd the two lines together AFTER the valves, so the homeowner ( my father-in-law ) can choose which tank to use from inside the house ( yes, I also put valves directly under each tank). The reasoning behind this setup is that one tank can be filled in the summer when the prices are cheaper, without stopping the regular delivery from the usual supplier. Also, it is added security when we get 18" of snow in November, and everyone is crying for a delivery because they don't have automatic delivery. Winters can be rough in Danbury.
    My thanks to all the fine plumbing & heating professionals who contributed to this discussion. I definately came to the right place for help.
    And a very special thanks to Dan Holohan for creating a wonderful forum for the exchange of invaluble information. The world is a much better place because of him, and all who follow his wisdom. Again, my thanx to all.
This discussion has been closed.