Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HEY CHICAGO!!! RPA \"Basics\" and \"Advanced\" next week

Options
Hi Gang. If anyone is interested in taking the RPA's "Radiant Basics" and "Advanced Radiant" courses in the Chicagoland area, now is your chance. John Sigenthaler will be our guest instructor next week for two full days of hard core radiant stuff! The courses will be held at the Holiday Inn at Bolingbrook, IL. If interested give me a call at 630-258-0369 or 800-457-3428. Better yet, email me. Hurry!!! $200 for Members, $225 for non-members

Comments

• wetheat1
    wetheat1 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    ???????????????

Why is Rehau using the RPA course? What is wrong with their own training? Are others going to follow suit? Shouldn't manufacturers train on their own methods and applications? I have been to Johns' classes before and he does a great job but so do most of the manufacturers' guys. I guess I just don't get this whole RPA thing anyway.

WH1
  • Andrew Csoke
    Andrew Csoke Member Posts: 3
    Options
    What?

We're supporting the RPA and sponsoring the event, not giving it, nor using it as our own.
  • wetheat1
    wetheat1 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Still

don't get it? Why does the RPA need you to sponser their class. Why can't they promote it themselves. What is in it for them or you? What exactley does the RPA do anyway?
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    What the RPA is doing...

They have developed and continue to improve a set of installation standards, they are doing ongoing research into things that need to be known (with ASHRAE and others), they have an installer/designer certification program, and a whole lot more. They are a member-driven organization, with local chapters dedicated to the advancement of the technology and are willing to share technical expertise with anyone (unfortunately) that is willing to join.

Granted, they may not be a perfect organization, but they're being recognized on a national basis, and as far as I'm concerned, they're the only game in town.

The only way you'll benefit is if you join. You can stand outside looking in and complain all you want, but until you're a member, your words will fall on deaf ears. Once you are a memeber, it doesn't matter whether you're a one-man shop or a multi-facted national mega organization, your voice carries the same weight.

You can check them out at www.radiantpanelassociation.org

Join today...

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.