Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cousin's House photos Bill N

Options
Bill NTSG
Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
Boiler---oops! I will work on it.

Comments

• eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Options
    Photo?

Billy,

Time to check with the u know who guy.

Bill click add to get the picture to the post

al
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    lets try.......

this

formage:)
  • Bill NTSG
    Options
    Thanks Cheese

That spaghetti pex is not mine. My cousin [the carpenter]gets credit for that
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    carpenters................

whatta they know about heat......eh?

cheese

PS nice job Bill!
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    inquiring mind ?

It seems to me looking at the pic "climate panel. jpg" That the supply water piping to the manifolds is small compared to the circuits attached to it. That is, under full load that the supply piping may not allow enough flow through to do the job. I look at piping this way, A 1" pipe carries the full load of 4, 1/2" pipes. You can draw 4, 1/2" circles in a 1" circle. Now of course you can get pumps that will force the situation, but is that practicle? Also why do the manufactures of the manifolds have large pipe in them, when only smaller pipe is used to supply the manifolds? I usually try to keep my flows at 5 feet per second. This is usually followed keeping the diameter as I described above. Larger pipe can be mathetically calculated to allow more connections than the 4 into one ratio. 5 feet per second is a nice flow that auto valves like to operate against. It turns out that as we go above that velocity water hammer due to quick closeing valves becomes prevelant. Not to mention turbulance corrosion. Anyway I perhaps need to be clued in! bigugh
  • Bill NTSG
    Options
    Big

Maybe it should have been larger. But it works, it is just floor warming and the tubing is 10.5mm or now called 3/8"nom. . One of those circuits is a small bathroom that only has a heated area of about 3' x 5' . Those are zone valves [NOT my idea ] and hopefully will be open all of the time. The design temp. for the coldest day is only 127-130°. It is all hardwood and some vinyl over plywood. No rug . The garage floor is heated off another panel. The CI radiators came out of an old farm house and were stored in a hay trailer for 20 years. I helped with the entire house from foundation to finish in exchange for a pig. Bacon,sausage,ham, etc. All of the drainage and most of the domestic water and heat pipes are below grade and insulated where possible. Did you notice the misapplication of Wirsbo fittings on the Stadler tubing? This was really a budjet job, not a lot of money. The boiler was discontinued old stock and I got a good deal. My cousins ran most of the tubing. [All of the straight runs were mine] It is a very comfortable home. He has a 3 yr old and one on the way. I hope they grow up and want hydronic heat.
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Thanks

SEE ? What I see is, that I cannot believe my own worn out eyes. I said I was inquriring what was going on. I did not intend to criticize your work, but to increase my own knowledge. And I did that! Thanks again. That is a nice job. bigugh
This discussion has been closed.