Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My digital camera is broke

Options
or I would have amazing pictures for you, to be listed under "you won't believe this. It all began on a real estate transaction. A home inspector found that the AO Smith power vented water heater was missing the flapper valve on the dilution air inlet. He was to of exclaimed "this could let carbon monoxide out into the house, obviously not knowing the water heater had electronic ignition. ( The worst that could happen is heat from the center flu tube could rise up out of the tank and into the basement) Enter the cheepo plumber used by the real estate agent. His solution was to take a liquid laundry detergent cap and duct tape it over the inlet so no dilution air could mix with the flu gas to cool it so it would not damage the PVC vent. Enter yours truly. When I got there the 3 inch PVC was drooping like a Salvidor Dali painting, and had eventually come off the blower discharge and was blowing the flu gas straight into the house. I turned it off and returned the next day with new pipe but the homeowner turned it back on. This is one for the books, and my camera is in the shop. Doe!!!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.