Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler pipe routing

Options
Dan M
Dan M Member Posts: 50
I want to replace my old 2 pipe gravity system piping. The boiler is new and has a single circulator pump. I want to replace the old steel pipe with 1 inch copper.The old pipe hangs low and has a lot of sludge in it. I planned on following the same path of the two pipe system as much as possible. I will reroute some pipe to hide it better ( some go right up my living room walls).I have read your material on diverters tees and other components of the single pipe system and got scared by all the pressure drop stuff . Is a two pipe system as tempremetal . If my pipes are all the same size in my new system will flow be acheived. Do the individual valves at each radiator help force the flow.

Comments

• keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Sounds like

a good application for a reverse return system with out door reset. You want to contact a local pro to aid you in the layout. Even if your intentions are to do the job as a home owner the $ spent on layout and helping you put together a material list will pay off.
  • Mark J Strawcutter
    Options
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I happen to like those 3/4 steel pipes running up the corners of downstairs rooms - two sets in the dining room and one set in the living room.

Does the piping leak? Investigate getting the sludge flushed out, converting to constant circulation with outdoor reset and TRVs. Old gravity systems are great!

Mark
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    Ditto (nm)

This discussion has been closed.