Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ELECTRIC BOILERS

Options
I have only done one electric boiler in the last 15 years.
Have a customer, who wants to go electric, w/plans for solar panels, wind generation, etc.... Not the usual for us, since we have high KW costs.
Have you found any brand better than another?

Thanks in advance, Steve

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Pretty much the same

If you want cast iron Slant Fin, Weil, and Burnham are all brands I have used. There are some steel versions, I used EFM and Argo. Basically they are all a tank of water with electrical elements and contactor/ sequencers. Not a lot of differences between the actual components.

And there are some interesting modulating electric instantanous models out there Seisco (plastic) These are not usually ASME stamped as boilers however, as the cast iron models are.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    electric boilers

We have used a few Argo boilers. The issues I've seen are- use a good means of air elimination and make sure you have good flow. If you have multiple zones make sure you use a pressure bypass or primary/secondary piping to keep the flows up. I've heard they can burn elements from too slow a reaction time when flows drop. PS don't let the sparky dry fire it.
This discussion has been closed.