Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring a Riello with a Bradford White Heater

Bradford White oil fired water heater with the Beckett burner and the Honeywell aquastat that has a secondary safety built in - cutout at 180 ( which isnt a manual reset - it will come back on in a temp drop ) . It comes prewired so that if the main aquastat part fails in the closed position and the temp goes above 180 - the secondary aquastat cuts off power to the burner motor and transformer , hopefully locking out the burner .

My question is , does anyone use this sort of setup with a Riello burner , and how is it wired in to do the same job ? Thanks , Ron .

Comments

• Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Safety limit

Best off using a second safty limit with a manual reset . Never seen one of those aquastat being used to lock out a Riello. I have seen the limits wired in series with the Riello . I guess if need be outside of a manufacturer's recommedation a oil line solenoid valve could be used to lock one out......
  • Bradford White?

Where do you work where you use that piece of crap?Mom & Pop Fuel?Hahahahahha If you dont know how to wire that you
    should retire old-timer...Hhahahhahahhaha
  • Thanks Mr Slomins

I guess working for a big oil company , you get to choose exactly every piece of equipment you install . Next time you see a Braford White and Beckett , take a good look on how its wired , you might learn something , Alarmo . Thanks for your help , buddy .
  • Just found out from a Riello rep

that it shouldnt be done the way its wired with a Beckett . I wonder if an operating limit and manual reset aquastat is made all in one by some manufacturer ?
  • Big Ed
    Limit

Yes , with a Beckett set up you have a separate primary control ,so you can cut out the burner "after" the relay to make that type high limit lock out work. From a service view I don't think it's ideal............ a manual reset limit is better, you know what the problem is from the get-go... But I guess from price and safty stand point , it's better then none.....

P.S. Hey! Mr. Slomins ...... is the rumors true about Big Blue buying you guys out?
  • Big Ed
    Limit

Yes , with a Beckett set up you have a separate primary control ,so you can cut out the burner "after" the relay to make that type high limit lock out work. From a service view I don't think it's ideal............ a manual reset limit is better, you know what the problem is from the get-go... But I guess from price and safty stand point , it's better then none.....

P.S. Hey! Mr. Slomins ...... is the rumors true about Big Blue buying you guys out? Did you hear it from your end ?
  • HUH???

> Yes , with a Beckett set up you have a separate

> primary control ,so you can cut out the burner

> "after" the relay to make that type high limit

> lock out work. From a service view I don't

> think it's ideal............ a manual reset

> limit is better, you know what the problem is

> from the get-go... But I guess from price and

> safty stand point , it's better then

> none.....

>

> P.S. Hey! Mr. Slomins ......

> is the rumors true about Big Blue buying you guys

> out? Did you hear it from your end ?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???SLOMIN'S IS THE BEST OIL COMPANY ON THE PLANET,AND NO PETRO IS NOT BUYING US OUT
    .IRA WILL NEVER SELL-OUT,AS FAR AS BRADFORD WHITE IT SUCKS,
    TRY USING BOCK A REAL WATER HEATER.SO PIPE DOWN JR.
  • I'm not sure

if this guy works for them Ed . His email address is phony . Working for the best oil company in the world , I have to wonder why he wants to remain anonymous on The Wall ?
This discussion has been closed.