Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

taco zone valves

Options
for three Taco Zone Valves drawing .9 if you use a 40VA NEMA rated class II transformer rated to Standard DC 20-92. You can run that transformer at 200% of capacity and still get 20 to 23 volts AC.

Comments

• Tom O'Connell
    Tom O'Connell Member Posts: 6
    Options
    taco zone valves

does anyone have a good wireing diagram for taco zone valves. maybe its a dumb ?? if the boiler control has 24v gong throught it how do you hook uo the zone valve with 3 wires 2 trans 1 to the boler control wheres the other one.. thanks tom
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

run common (c) from the trans./relay on the boiler to one side of the t-stat.

out of t-stat to terminal #1 on zone valve

Run hot (r or t) from trans./relay to terminal #2 on ZV

Run terminal #3 to t or g on trans./relay

Depends on which type of control you have.

there is a coil between 1 and 2 and a normally open switch between 2 and 3 on the valve power head.

Hope this helps!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • johny
    johny Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Taco zone

valves have 3 terminals.Terminal 1 thru 2 is the heat motor which drives open the valve.When valve is powered opened then end switch makes between terminals 2 and 3.Zone valves need seperate transformer to power them.tt terminals on aquastat are not for powering zone valves,you will burn up transformer.Check amp rating on zone valve and choose transformer that can handle amp draw.For example if you have 3 zone valves and each is rated at .9 amps then choose a75vatransformer.Have 1 t-stat for each zone valve and wire from 1 side of 75va transformer up thru t-stat then to terminal 1 on zone valve then from terminal 2 on zone valve to other side of 75va transformer.tt terminals onaquastat are wired to terminals 2 and 3 on zone valve.With all zone valves calling for heat check volts at 2 wires going to tt terminals on aquastat before you connect them, you should always read 0 volts,if not then its not wired correctly.Set heat anticipator on t-stat to the amp draw of the zone valve it controls.I believe the zone valve your probly talking about is a 531 or 571 i cant remember the #.
  • chris smith
    chris smith Member Posts: 39
    Options
    rib relay

if the boiler controls has 24 volts and you need a seperate transformer for the vales have the valves signal voltage pull closed a relay that makes tt on boiler control i use thease about $13,00 http://www.functionaldevices.com/ChartPilotEnclosed.html

chris smith

paradise porter maine
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    even easier

Pick up a taco zone control moduel, they have them for circulators or zone valves, very easy to wire, and has a setting for priorty if needed. If you dont want to do that, send me an e-mail and I will fax you a drawing.

Chuck Shaw
    Old Yankee Plumbing/Heating
    W. Wareham, MA

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.