Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Nitrate Additives

Options
We are attempting to locate a hydronic radiant contractor who has some experience with the installation of Nitrates into a non-oxygen barrier radiant tubing system. State Chemical company has approached us with a chemical flushing and nitrate additive procedure that is supposed to stop all corrosion due to the lack of an oxygen barrier in any variety of radiant tubing. They claim that this additive will preserve all the components, not change the heating characteristics, or fluid viscosity, but requires strict monitoring by them (2) times per year.

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    typically these products

will have a variety of ingrediants. O2 scavangers, ph buffers, film providers among others. Some of these ingrediant may react with the components of the system. Sulfites, for example will eat aluminum. Make sure the product is "right" for your system components.

Are you having problems currently, or is this preventive.

Frequent checks, and maintenance are a good way to assure the product is working as promised.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • canuckDale
    canuckDale Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Chemicals don't do much in those pails

Rick..hotrod said it best

Most of those chem treatments are nitrIte and become nitrAte after consumming oxygen. Usually, you must have 700-1000ppm available NO2.

Two times per year?? I love fast talking chem guys! We'll save you money!! I wouldn't check the oil/glycol/tranny fluid in my truck only twice a year. If you are going to treat, IMO quarterly in a residential application. More commercially.
This discussion has been closed.