Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler pictures (new construction)

Options
reduced pressure backflow preventer?????

Comments

• JIM F.
    JIM F. Member Posts: 82
    Options
    new boilers

here some new boilers completed lately
    this one was in randolph,vt.
  • JIM F.
    Options
    boiler pictures

this one located in greenwich, ct.
  • JIM F.
    Options
    boiler pictures

this on was also in greenwich
  • JIM F.
    Options
    more jobs

heres a primary secondary in greenwich
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Jim check out

The new circs with built in checks. Grundfos 15-58C is a nice 3 speed choice. Taco also has some intergral check models also.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Jeez , Jim

Youre pics are making my work like its a cut and run job . That is outstanding - I like how you offset the Tacos , one body facing this way , one body facing the opposite - to work on them easier . And having the valve before the circ and flowvalve is a great idea , I think Im gonna try that out , if you dont mind . Thanks for posting those jobs .
  • JIM F.
    Options
    grundfoss

here is a 3-speed grundfoss circulator used on the previous primary/sec picture
    47 gpm
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    3 speed for small zone circs

This UPS15-58F available with or without built in check can actually replace 3 sizes 005 007 and 008 or equivlents. The checks have been redesigned with less pressure drop (dotted lines) A handy circulator to have on a service truck or to fine tune to better match the loads on small zone jobs, since rarely do all the zones have the exact same flow and pressure drop.

Just another option for your bag of tricks.

hot rod

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    Jim

You should be submitting work to the RPA annual contest. These look like award winners to me. Beautiful work.

• JIM F.
    Options

what is the rpa's??
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    RPA

Is the Radiant Panel Association. www.RPA_info.com Annual convention where Wet Heads congregate, sharing fellowship and knowledge. Lots of friendly compettition in projects submitted for judging.

• JIM F.
    Options
    BK FLOW

yes it is......was on job site when we arrived in vt. from ct.
    we had some problems with it leaking. next time we go up we will be replacing it. this type was rcomended for this application due to the fact we had a 60/40 split of glycol.
    any input on this particular device is definitly welcome
    jim f.
  • Beautiful

work Jim! Thanks for sharing them with us and also thanks for using Burnham on these wonderful jobs! We appreciate your business!

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Corp.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    PRV

Nice work Jim, Carefull with the B&G PRV, I've had to replace some like the way yours is installed and found that the fast-fill lever can get on all by inself in time.Now if I have to install like this I put a wire so lever can't move by itself,but can be removed easy for service and purge etc. Hope this helps
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    it has to be installed horizontally,

but since your replacing it i'm sure you already know that.i would recommend a wye pattern valve since those oo9 and any other inline models suck. watts still makes the 909 which is the cadillac of backflows and will not cause you any trouble. the wilkins 975XL is also good.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    it's a beaut!

A lot of work went into that one! Jim, I was wondering about the ball valves before the circ's and none after the flochecks..is there a reason they are that way? I can imagine that the theory is that the flocheck will stop water from going back(maybe) and the ball valve is the other end of the isolation when the circ gaskets need changing..but what if the flocheck needs service? I work in Greenwich too, and I was working on a job on Greyhampton and the plumbers had piped this way too (except he wasn't pumping away), I thought,well... and then I looked at the returns. The plumber had individual purges for each (instead of a simpler "power purge" set up off the supply), and the puzzler was that he had put the ball valves UNDER the circs, and the drains above! In other words, to change the circ gaskets, the entire house system water and antifreeze is going to dump down..hey, no water will come back up out of the boiler(G)What outfit are you from? Get your lunch out of Singh's roach coach?

• JIM F.
    Options
    thanks bob!!

the company i work for is out of milford ct., a newer company. i have been working down that way for about 4 yrs.as you know the traffic sucks going to and from so we leave about 5:30am. the ball valves before the circulator provide individual shut offs to each air handler or other loop.(radiant,phase3,unit htr). if you notice there is a common ball valve on the return and a boiler drain on the end of the manifold. here is where you do all your purging from. you can just go down the line opening and closing each "loop". the ball valves on the supply provide positive shut off to an individual loop and isolate the boiler. i like piping this way to avoid individual purge valves and swithing hoses every time you want to change loops. this way also isolates boiler for the ct. code
    jim f.
    milford, ct.
  • I piped a boiler once before

with the ball valves before the circs and flowvalves . To save adding an extra purge tee after the flowvalve , we put the drain right in the unused tapping in the flowvalve . With a separate purge on the return , it made it easy to isolate and blow out a zone that needs work .
  • Bob Bona_4
    Options
    that works good too:)

on the Phase Three I put the drain/flocheck at the tank on the bottom where the boiler supply goes in. BTW Ron, you might want to re-tape/dope the aquastat wells/tridicators on the V8's..I have found quite a few leak out of the box with the package units. Otherwise nice unit eh?

• Bob Bona_4
    Options
    traffic!

> the company i work for is out of milford ct., a

> newer company. i have been working down that way

> for about 4 yrs.as you know the traffic sucks

> going to and from so we leave about 5:30am. the

> ball valves before the circulator provide

> individual shut offs to each air handler or other

> loop.(radiant,phase3,unit htr). if you notice

> there is a common ball valve on the return and a

> boiler drain on the end of the manifold. here is

> where you do all your purging from. you can just

> go down the line opening and closing each "loop".

> the ball valves on the supply provide positive

> shut off to an individual loop and isolate the

> boiler. i like piping this way to avoid

> individual purge valves and swithing hoses every

> time you want to change loops. this way also

> isolates boiler for the ct. code jim

> f. milford, ct.

• Bob Bona_4
    Options
    traffic!

did you get caught in that debacle last week on 95? It's great that your co. and you take so much pride in your work!
    I'm looking forward to seeing more!

This discussion has been closed.