Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

manifold mounting

Options
Gary Usa
Gary Usa Member Posts: 40
hiya gang how we all doing,what are you views on this with relation to mounting pex manifolds do you prefer mounting them horizontal or vertical,the reason i ask is that to run the pex from the top into the centre of the manifolds ,or to run them further down the board into the horizontal manifolds,what are the pro and cons of mounting them in a different way,as i thought by mounting them vertical don;t have to step them out to far from the wall,by the way here is a couple of pics of a job i have just strted see what you think,really enjoying theis job alot of thinking and challanges and have great supervisors that are always their to help

take care

all the best

gary usa

Comments

• Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Well?....................

I'd use a gas cock or ball valve with the handel removed for the ex tank. Kids and owners who play with that gate valve are going to turn it off and there goes the relief valve. Horizontal vs. verticle manifolds. With 'pumping away' perhaps that abates the reason for a verticle mamifold. The verticle manifold has the advantage of placing an air vent at the highest point thereby preventing any air that gets past an IAS or lower places before going to the zones. However verticle manifolds almost always requier an extra 90* turn to get into them. Anyway bigugh
  • JIM F.
    JIM F. Member Posts: 82
    Options
    maniforld pictures

heres a remote rack for two air handlers and two unit heaters
  • JIM F.
    JIM F. Member Posts: 82
    Options
    boilers

here are the two burnahm 904's that feed the previous rack and also 9 air handlers, phase 3 100 gallon indirect and a decent size indoor lap pool
This discussion has been closed.