Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FYI - Dan H.

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
I promised I would make a big announcement about Comanche Marketing today and here it is...

It was announced at HVAC Comfortech this morning that I'm the CEO and President of the Service Roundtable.

Ah, you think, that makes sense. No wonder Michel's been pushing the Service Roundtable so hard.

Well, I admit, I have been pushing it. You see, I like to eat. So do my wife and kids. For us to continue affording even simple fare, such as spam and noodles, lots of people have to sign up for the Service Roundtable. It will become my sole source of income. Gulp!

The Service Roundtable is exciting. We've already received a lot of positive feedback from the members who have signed up. An example is below...

"When I signed up for the Service Roundtable, I found that in it's embryonic stage, I received more infromation than I ever received from the other contractor groups and alliances I've joined, at CONSIDERABLY less expense. The Comanche Marketing section that I just received was very good. I have heard Matt previously...very upbeat and pro-active in the HVAC realm..........well worth the price!!"

Edd Olson
Olson Energy
Seattle, WA
ACCA's 2002 Residential Excellence Award Winner

If you like Comanche Marketing, the material provided through the Service Roundtable is Comanche Marketing on steroids. It's supercharged, turbocharged. Instead of merely talking about a great idea, we give you everything you need to put it into action. We give you the direct mail pieces. We give you the brochures. We give you the consumer newsletters. We give you the press releases. We give you the proposal inserts. All you have to do is put your name on them and start using them. And some, don't even require that much effort.

If you're an HVAC contractor, go ahead and visit the site at www.serviceroundtable.com. Sign up. It's only $50. That's the price of a dinner out for two.

Of course, I probably won't be able to afford dinner out for awhile (if you don't sign up). The Michel family will be dining on delicious fare at home, like spam and noodles (if you don't sign up). There's plenty of nutritional value in spam and noodles and my kids will learn to adjust (if you don't sign up). But don't sign up just because you feel sorry for me or my family. I wouldn't want you to sign up out of guilt or anything (though you should feel guilty if you don't sign up).

If you work for a distributor or manufacturer in the HVAC industry, contact Lee Rosenberg (lee.rosenberg@serviceroundtable.com) or myself (matt.michel@serviceroundtable.com). We've got some exciting programs that will not cost you a dime and can help you grow the sales of your dealer base and provide added value.

If you are an HVAC trainer or consultant, we've also got some programs for you that can earn you extra income (I remember income), generate new business, and allow you to increase your effectiveness with your customers.

If you're not an HVAC contractor, don't work in the HVAC industry, and don't even know what HVAC stands for, I guess I can't expect you to sign up. Darn it!

But if you do own or run an in-home service company, the Service Roundtable will eventually roll out in your industry. We have some two dozen industries slated for future expansion. Each will use a similar format to the HVAC version, but each will be unique to the specifics of the industry in question. Each will be run by an individual from within the industry so that we ensure the nuances particular to company needs are being met.

I was asked today if Comanche Marketing will continue. You bet it will!

I will continue publishing Comanche Marketing at the same great price, though the HVAC specific tips will be sent to Service Roundtable members through the program's eLetter. And the archives for Comanche Marketing will now be accessible to Service Roundtable members alone.

I also expect to increase my public speaking in the future. I've never marketed the fact I speak a number of times each year before alliances, associations, dealer meetings, and other groups because it wasn't part of my focus at Decision Analyst.

I'm still a Decision Analyst employee, for now. I have to finish up several projects and ensure my clients are well taken care of and my staff is set. They largely function without me as it is. In fact, they say they function *better* without (ungrateful wretches -- I'll show them... I'll... I'll... leave and start a new company! Uh...). I expect to transition sometime before the end of the year.

Thanks to everyone for your support through the years. The coming years are going to be even better and a lot more fun (well, provided I can eat, of course).

Matt Michel
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    I think

Matts on to something here. Well worth a look, if only because he's affiliated with it. He's as sharp as they come.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.