Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Circ.s in supply or return?

In a typical residential hydronic boiler with Phase III water heater and running individual circulator pumps, does it really matter where the pumps are located? I have seen so many different types of set-ups that now that I'm on my own, I'm really concerned of making sure that it's done right the first time.
I first started out right at the source, the installation manual. Burnham shows in the diagram for individual circulator pumps that it should be in the supply below the header and then after the flow check it should then be piped back up vertical to wherever it has to go. The manual stated that with that procedure you would eliminate water accumulating in the supply. I'm sure with all of Burnham's engineers they are not wrong, but I've also learned to trust experience over the installation manual. So what do you think??????
Thanks,
The New Guy

Comments

• kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Definatetly...

on the Supply, pumping away from the extrol tank. I highly recommend Dan's book "Pumping Away". Gives a lot of good advice! Click on "books and more "section off to the side.Good for you looking to do it the right way and not just go along w/ what everyone else does! Good luck w/ your new start!Read all you can and NEVER stop learning.... kpc
  • Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    I agree

I believe many of us here at the wall started elsewhere and ended up in the hot water/ steam heat field. Heck, my degree was in Architecture, but I read and read and read and got to know those that are in the know and they gave me more to read and much guidance, the kind we all find here.

Boilerpro
This discussion has been closed.