Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I thought I was done.............

Options
but the day's radio played on regarding this past year's events and our visits to Shanksville and Ground Zero loomed large in my mind. Maybe it was the raw emotions suppressed at Shanksville as we read and gazed upon memorials left for the heroes both there and at Ground Zero, or perhaps, the fence surrounding Trinity Church in NYC loaded with rememberances of loved ones lost. I tried to read some, but had to turn away when I saw a connection to Scouting that made it too personal. I couldn't approach the fence after that and as long as I kept a respectful distance, I was able to keep my emotions in check. Vendors hawking goods related to 9/11 helped keep my mind from wondering. John, our older son, was with me as we circled Trinity and we avoided looking too closely at each other, no doubt knowing that meeting each others gaze would cause our eyes to leak! It was John who inserted a bit of levity by pointing out the many vendors selling wares that pried dollars from wallets by prying emotions from hearts. But the images of the fading rememberances will foever be etched in my mind. By the time we had circled the open wound in the earth, we were both numb.

So, tonight I am emotionally back where I was a year ago. A quicker recovery from deep sadness will occur this year, no doubt, but my anger is more deeply rooted after seeing the graphic footage that was unavoidable these past 48 hours.

Perhaps this is how we are meant to remember and never forget the heroes and innocents lost on 9/11. A tear shed and our resolve steeled once again. A sword tempered in the flames of anger and sorrow; then brought to bear against all who brought this fight to us. Tomorrow will bring life as it goes on and business to attend to, but tonight belongs to those whose lives, dreams and time with family were cut short.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=98&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Frank_5
    Frank_5 Member Posts: 49
    Options
    AMEN

I so much wanted to retrace my steps of a year ago when the towers went down. Thanks to God, no family or friends were lost there, but too many unknowns to me perished on that day. People I did not know I greaved for. All inocents.
    But life goes on, too many things happening today to make the trip. But I did stop by our local fire house, and joined a small crowd to shed yet another tear in respect for those HEROS of the community.
    God Bless Americans.
This discussion has been closed.