Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IN FLOOR HEAT WITH HARDWOOD

Options
HAROLDS
HAROLDS Member Posts: 9
WE HAVE A CUSTOMER WANTING US TO INSTALL STAPLE UP IN FLOOR . THE HOME HAS NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS GOING TO BE INSTALLED OVER 3/4" PLYWOOD SUB FLOOR. I FEEL WE SHOULD US HEAT PLATES, THE OWNERS SON WORKS FOR A SUPPLY HOUSE HE WANTS US TO INSTALL THE TUBING 2" BELOW SUB FLOOR, USING BASSET METAL BRACKETS, THEN PUT THERMO PAN TO SEAL THE BAY . HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPREINCE WITH THIS METHOD?

Comments

• eleft(retired)
    eleft(retired) Member Posts: 98
    Options
    what isTHERMO PAN ?

nm
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    What's the heat load?

Personally I think suspended tube is best for low output floor warming. Maybe 12-15 btu/sq. ft tops. The plates would be a better choice for heating.

In either case a heat loss calc would be prudent. It will determine if the floor heat is "up to the job" and what output is need from the floor panels.

Make sure the flooring guys use short nails! It is a drag to work around them if the flooring goes in first, and a headache to repair tube that has been shot if you go first.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Options
    it's ...

aluminized cardboard which can be used for return air ducting in scorched air systems. I would prefer the relectex (double bubble, aluminized plastic) as a minimum.
This discussion has been closed.