Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NEW TOY

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
They actually sent me a flyer about that tool. But I do'nt think its actually made by Rem. I am pumped about this tool.

I remember talking fondly about the tool.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• ScottMP
    Options
    Bought a new tool

Have been thinking about buying this tool for about two years. I check it out at the trade show every year, and decided now is the time. I asked about Rem and remembered that HR gave them a good revue !!

This baby is 14.7 lbs, and will do from 1/2" to 2" threads. They sent us a free can of their water soluble threading oil. If its works it could be very neat.

Just got it, so hav'nt had a chance to try it yet, but its looks like its going to be fun.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Aye Mr Scott!

Where'd you buy that beauty.........Home Depot :)

Seriously though(yeah right)lemme know how you like it..........OK?How much for that tool?

cheese
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Yes

It was right next to a WM boiler. :)

It was $1205.00, Mike.

This baby has some torque, it jumps in your hand when you start it. The boys and I can't wait to try it. I was going for the smaller version, only 7 lbs, dos 1/2" TO 1 1/4", but the rep said it did'nt do 1" and 1 1/4" that well. So we got the big ( relitive term, ask my wife ) bad boy.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Options
    It isn't the size of the tool....

It's the tourque , right ? Can't wait to try it myself . (though it could be a while ! )
  • Dave Palmer
    Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
    Options
    WOW

doe every one come with a fast-fill too! hehe nice looking stuff,whats the spray can in the case? Is that the oil?Good luck ,Dave
  • ScottMP
    Options
    gift with purchase

Ya the oil is the spray can. Its supposed to water soluble, we'll see.

I needed somthing so you could really see how small this things is. 14 lbs is pretty light .

Scott

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Scott

I thought you Mainers did everything by hand?

At 14lbs., you can pass it around at your party!

You know.........like show and tell!!

See ya' soon!!!

Mark H

• masterplumb
    masterplumb Member Posts: 93
    Options

> Have been thinking about buying this tool for

> about two years. I check it out at the trade show

> every year, and decided now is the time. I asked

> about Rem and remembered that HR gave them a good

> revue !!

>

> This baby is 14.7 lbs, and will do

> from 1/2" to 2" threads. They sent us a free can

> of their water soluble threading oil. If its

> works it could be very neat.

>

> Just got it, so

> hav'nt had a chance to try it yet, but its looks

> like its going to be fun.

>

> Scott

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 237&Step=30"_To Learn More About This Contractor,

> Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A

> Contractor"_/A_

I have used the Rigid 700 hand threader, with the Rigid you have to be careful when threading 1-1/2 - 2" on a tri-pod vice it can flip very easily.Chris
  • masterplumb
    masterplumb Member Posts: 93
    Options

I have used the Rigid 700 hand threader, with the Rigid you have to be careful when threading 1-1/2 - 2" on a tri-pod vice it can flip very easily.Chris
  • JerryJ
    JerryJ Member Posts: 19
    Options
    New Tool

I bought one of those at my first national trade show 17 years ago. the spray lubricant works well and a can lasts quite a while. Now you need the cutoff saw to go with it JJ
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    You will love it

Two inch threads are a bit tough on it. The oil works fine. Unusual smell, designed to be safe for potable water line threads, I've heard.

Rems has a bunch of unique tools. I hope to obtain some more soon. The simple, light weight all thread shear was interesting. A miniture rebar cutter looking tool with protection for the threads.

hot rod

• Tony Conner
    Tony Conner Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Will...

...the threaded rod cutter do stainless steel? We do work in a couple of places that require SS rod. It's a pain to cut in a chop saw or with mini-grinder, then grind the burrs off. If we could cut 3/8" and 1/2" rod in their unit, that would save a LOT of time.
  • chris smith_2
    chris smith_2 Member Posts: 37
    Options
    threader

we do, do everything by hand thats why scott bought a hand held power threader lol

chris smith

paradise porter maine
This discussion has been closed.