Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

P/S & injection manifold idea (hr)

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
Using this CazzBrass manifold from Watts Radiant, any brand would do, I suppose. I removed the guts (seat) from the ports the pumps connects to. Used some Blockade solder to fasten the nut to the copper tube. I still have throttle ability on the return ports.

The whole enchilada hangs below this MZ in a primary loop. The top pump will feed a coil in my Apollo air handler. The actuator will be added to the manifold with the end switch calling on the pump and MZ.

The lower will inject (VS)into the radiant zones. The return side will be able to balance via the manifold port cap adjuster.

A 20 gallon SuperStor indirect tank, below the rack will buffer the MZ with the coil connected to solar panels on the roof. Now to figure out the controls :) Whatdaya think?

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    dosen't the port cap

come off of this to apply a zone valve if wanted/needed. form there all you would have to do is throttle with a pressure differential bypass. are you allowed to be messin with the home system so close to heating season (G)!!
  • PJO
    PJO Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Controls...

HR,

I was hoping you could tell me (us?) about how to control that thing :-)

Do you feed the solar right to the MZ (series), or do you separate (parallel) it?

If you do not run them in series, it interest me how you will do the solar and MZ together...solar first if it's warm enough and MZ back-up, right? Some sort of sensor on each side to read a minimum temp/switchover? Then it turns the correct valve? How about a heat exchanger with two feeds off a diverter valve...one from each? My eyes are starting to feel glassy.

How about a strap-on temp. gauge and a little mouse running back and forth checking it? Then he runs on a wheel to turn the correct valve :-) Never mind...he'll give off too much heat and throw the whole thing out of kilter!

This is the stuff that makes me whacky, and yet interest me as well.

Keep up the tinkering...Take Care, PJO
This discussion has been closed.