Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin boilers

Options
Troy_3
Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
Great boiler. We have many installed some for over a year with dhw, multitemps. Residential, commercial. I've had great reports of energy savings from retrofits. Simple pvc venting. And the company is making great advancements. New control packages are on the way to integrate many control stategies right off the boiler. Good company to work with also. Give them a try I know you will be impressed.

Comments

• JK
    JK Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Munchkin boilers

Does anyone have experience with Munchkin boilers? Good, bad or indifferent comments please.
  • heretic
    heretic Member Posts: 159
    Options
    I'll let you know...

I'm getting one for my home in a few weeks.
    I'll let you know how it works out.
  • mp1969
    mp1969 Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Munchkins

Jury still out?

I almost went with the Munchkins for my own church , my only concern was with the way it would respond to unexpected thermal shock. The water heater version "Voyageur " has been out quite a while and there has been problems with it and when it is combined for space heating.
    The past 5-6 years have not even come close to design temp.(at least in our area) and I guess I am not convinced until extreme cold temps are met and satisfied by newer technologies . Then I may be sold on new concepts.
    I am a veteran of the field R & D we did in the cold climate of northern Wisconsin back in the early 80s. The night calls for the state of the art "Hydro-Pulse" still gives me nightmares!

Cautious in Wisconsin
    MP 1969
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

Nothing wrong with being cautious!!

The folks at HTP have had a Munchkin hooked up to a snowmelt for a couple years now. No heat exchanger, just in and out.

No problem with that nice 28* water!! In fact, the Munchie LOVES IT!!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.