Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taking suggestions...Vac for cleaning boilers....Boilerpro

Mr. Ebels is so right. Don't waste your money on anything else but a Sootmaster, six gal. size is great for res.& small comm. work. Order with pastic hose not the canvas hose. Also get both short and long metel ends to save the end of hose.My is over ten yrs. old (and looks it) but still does a great job.

Comments

• Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    Vacs

Starting looking for a small vac with Hepa or near hepa filter for service cleaning of boilers. Saw a 8 gallon Shop Vac QSP 3.5 peak HP yesterday, but would like something more compact...Any suggestions? Thanks Loads!

Boilerpro
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Check out

Sootmaster vacs. Johnstone just sent me a flyer that has the 6 gallon size on sale for $289. Bags and filters run from 12 to 35 bucks. Nice line of attatchments also. My has served well for a lot of years. Shop vacs just don't cut it. I burned out 2 in one season b4 investing in the right tool for the (filthy) job.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    Vac....

Sid Harvey sells the same vac as "Sootmaster" with their name on it . This was my second purchase as a tech, and has served me very well for a lot of years .(1st purchase was a combustion effcientcy tester. you ain't a tech without it !) Chris.
  • Al_3
    Al_3 Member Posts: 79
    vacs

couldn't agree more!!! pop the top and throw the bag in the dumpster. sure beats trying to empty out a shop vac full of soot and ending up with black nostril syndrome!!
  • AL K.
    AL K. Member Posts: 17
    Plastic Hose?

I've always chosen the canvas hose, guess i'm afraid ok a meltdown!
    Why do you choose plastic, and are they OK at elevated temps?
    Thanks, Al K.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Plastic hose yep!

Been using for about 3 yrs. Biggest reason you can clean the outside of hose,I hate the soot marks the canvas hose can leave on floor or my pants.If hot enough to melt hose I guess bag will also burn? Anyway never been any trouble yet.
This discussion has been closed.