Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How far we've come - Dan H.

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
Wetstock is nearly sold out. I'm sitting here thinking about the people who are coming from all over the USA and Canada to be together for one day. All of that happened on the Internet. We ran no ads in any magazines and we made no paper mailings to anyone. It all happened electronically, by email and the Wall.

Thinking back a few years, if someone had told me that this would be possible, I don't think I would have believed him.

Isn't it incredible how far we've come, the friendships we've made, the knowledge we've gained? We are truly living in an interesting time.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Doug_2
    Doug_2 Member Posts: 14

You are so right, Dan. Sites like yours are what opens the eyes of homeowners to the same things they have already come to expect about cars. No one would consider paying a new car price for decade-old technology in a motor vehicle. Educating consumers and contractors to the future of hydronics is going to benefit all of us. Our world was already shrinking before the internet. The web is why this has managed to happen with a minimum of conflict. Things could be worse.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    And it's all

Because of you my Friend !!!

You've taken a bunch of individuals and given us a chance to meet and discuss.

I expect a great many toast on Friday night.

"Another toast for our Irish, Long Island friend...."

or more likly " Amother froast for our Mirish Long Tired fend ..."

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • And

Bud Offither,

I'm not under the alfluence if inkohol, although mini thinkle may peep I am....
  • DanHolohan
    I may have built a sandbox

but you guys brought the sand. Thank YOU!
    Retired and loving it.
  • ScottMP
    And Murph

would be the cat !!!!!

I told him the gloves were off......

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    Best line of the day

Right there, folks. LOL!
    Retired and loving it.
  • you need to get

> would be the cat !!!!!

>

> I told him the gloves

> were off......

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 237&Step=30"_To Learn More About This Contractor,

> Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A

> Contractor"_/A_

• you need to get

the straw out of your hat!! pokin fun at the younger generation
  • you need to get

the straw out of your hat!! pokin fun at the younger generation
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    It all started

when someone I greatly admired extended a helping hand in friendship, on my birthday many years ago, and one of the greatest friendships of my life began. Then one day he called and said to stop by something he'd started called The Wall. What a ride!

To think that I once stood in my office and loudly proclaimed "I will never have one of those stupid fax machines. All they are is a way for advertisers to waste my paper and ink!" I wish to hell no one else had been there that fateful day, but they were & I've had to eat crow many, many times. I'd bet we've done well over a million dollars worth of business on that thing that would have gone to the competition if snail mail was my only way of signing contracts and change orders.

Then came computers! And that first bleery eyed 24-hour non-stop foray onto the internet highway with AOL. I was hooked. No turning back!

Then came all of the great friends I've gained here. Even Murph!

Thanks pal.

• thanks.....

uhhh I think.
  • ScottMP
    By the Way Dan

Wer'nt we supposed to bring cement, instead of sand ?
    :)

• DanHolohan
    I am

well practiced at trowling sand. Very well practiced!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    And how far we'll go

Thanks to people like yourself and the many people here I have learned from and made friends with. The industry is a better place today and with the Wall it will get even better tomorrow. God Bless all of you. And thank you Dan for making the wall the reality it is.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    The Wall

What can you say about the Wall. It's simply the best learning/teaching/info gathering/problem solving device ever contrived by a wetheaded noggin. I had a very limited knowledge of hydronic heating when I got into this business in 1995. Thanks to this place I could learn in 2-3 years what would have taken a lifetime of experience out here in the back country woods. We just had a job inspected today (what I call plain vanilla radiant) and the inspector asked me where I learned to design systems like he was looking at. He said he doesn't know of anyone else around here who does it the way we do or would even know how.
    I guess I'll just say "My hats off to you Holohan"! and all the other wallies. I hope this place generates enough income to support you and your Lovely the rest of your lives. I must say I hope you have a plan of succession in place when you hang up the old keyboard. Hate to go through a day without the Wall. It's one of the 2 things I read every day.

The Internet is awesome and scary at the same time. The info you can find on it is limited only by your imagination. I was specing out a computer on Gateway's site last night at 11:45 and clicked on "chat with e-sales advisor" This guy pops up on my screen and we start corresponding in realtime about what the system I customized will do. He's sitting in his office in Iowa or wherever and I'm in nowhere land in Northern Michigan and we can just sit and yak at each other like across the backyard fence. IT'S AMAZING. To much for this ole country boy to assimilate and comprehend.

• canuckDale
    canuckDale Member Posts: 77
    Just clickin' around....

..and find this site where they have steam books. Wow!

One is "the Lost Art...... So I buy it. Hmmmm? This guy is really smart and been around the block! Writes very well! BUT...he has a weird sense of humor? Cool! An active bulletin board! More smart guys! More weird..... ;-D!!

So I 'loiter' here and smile alot. HeatingHobo!

You've done a great service to Steam-men and the industry Dan!

I enjoy this place! Never thought I'd ever like school?
This discussion has been closed.