Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My first............(hb)

Options
heatboy
heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
nailers were used under the wood floors. Both upper and lower floors were done this way. The planking is all face nailed for a truer appearance of age. The owner wanted the floors poured just over the sleepers since he felt he would have better conduction. He was going to sand the gyp down right to the top of the sleepers. You can guess how well that worked ;-) I have a couple of couplings in there because the flooring guys had a hard time finding the nailers! Everything worked out, though. No problems since birth.

I started with the diamond-plate backers a couple of years ago on the Dimino project down your way. I was using annodized aluminum before that. With all of the quality work being showed here of late, I am going to have to do something a little different soon!

See you at The Gathering!

Warm Regards,

heatboy

climatecadvanced.com

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=103&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    full radiant gig.

I installed this in the summer of '93. I still do preventative service on it after almost 10 years. While it is dated and radiant and I have evolved, it still stands up pretty well. The building is 200+ years old and was quite the project to get for my first when radiant was still relatively unknown. The flooring is gorgeous! I am at a loss for words when it comes to the big deal made over radiant under wood floors. It works. A little common sense and good control strategy is all that is needed.

Warm Regards,

heatboy

"Expert in Silent Warmth"™

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Is it true

that most of us come in Blue and go out Silver??

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • PJO
    PJO Member Posts: 140
    Options
    The HB (R)Evolution...

HB,

When did the diamondplate boards begin? Was that a gyp-crete job? Still looks great after 10+ years, but I must say it's funny seeing the plywood with your name at the posting :-)

Cool house! A guy lives near me in a 1750's house and has Runtal everywhere...I told him to put some radiant in his kitchen as he remodels...he's thinking about it. If he wants the best guy in our neck of the woods I'll have him call you.

Take Care, PJO
  • Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543
    Options
    Amazing

How a little pride , forethought and planning help a job look and function well over the years. Wonder how many of the slam dunk lowball artist's jobs out there will look half as good after only a couple of years?? Pride and desire shows over time . Your jobs stand the test of time
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    Might be some truth to that Paul

Three years ago we did about 100% German Blue. Now it's about 50-50 German Blue and German Silver. Each company has it's niche in the market. For at least half of the applications we run into around here the Blue ones will do all that needs to be or can be done. For the applications where most of the job is low temp, it's tough to beat Silver.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Still...

top notch work and worth every penny. Keep raising the bar Jeff. You're still my hero.

ME

This discussion has been closed.