Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

direct vent type oil fired boiler?

Options
cmbb_5
cmbb_5 Member Posts: 3
Guys; Could you give me some brand name direct vent oil fireed boilers. I would like to put in radiant floor heat and also keep the wood stove. We lose our power frequently.

Comments

• cmbb_5
    Options

Guys; Could you give me some brand name direct vent oil fired boilers. I would like to put in radiant floor heat and also keep the wood stove. We lose our power frequently.
  • Frank_17
    Frank_17 Member Posts: 107
    Options
    dv boilers

I have had great luck with the Vega b series boiler with direct venting. Put in many , and the ho luves them, quiet, efficient, reliable. can easily use outside reset w/it.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    DV boiler

www.burnham.com has the LE series,I've put in some with good results.
  • cmbb_5
    Options

Thanks for the replies!

Are they as efficient as a boiler that connects to a chimney such as the Burnhan V8 series?
  • chris smith
    chris smith Member Posts: 39
    Options
    dv boilers

also
    pensotti? [check spelling]cast ironno tankless
    thermo dynamics steel tankless availible
    hearthstone cast no tankless

i have installed all of thease and found them to be good, the pensotti is the least exspensive but you need to use an indirect, also peerless has one due to be out in sept. they have already installed a few here in maine

chris smith
    porter maine
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    would say relatively yes

cast iron boilers like the V8 are great, but with natural draft you are going to get more standby loss vs. a DV boiler. I have used the Burnham LEDV..nice unit and quiet. Make sure the bypass is piped in per instructions!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    buderus

The 115 ser. is the one I have had the most success w/. The thermodynamics are fine(LM & CWL-Dv) The Burnham is practcally the same thing. The Vega is Ok although some have had problem w/ venting.
    THE MOST IMPORTANT thing is the BURNER...I REALLLY don't like the Becket AF 2!(see post on propane burners above) Riello is better(BF-3) And I really like the Carlin EZ-1 w/ the dv set up ,post purge control. good luck kpc
This discussion has been closed.