Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ever Seen a Utica do this??

Mason
Mason Member Posts: 102
Have you ever seen a boiler seperate its sections like this. T/A mentioned that it could be due to low return temp(Nope, I take care of this boiler) or scale buildup between the sections(again, Nope, I take care of this one). They are sending me a new HX, but HO has indirect water heater. Slapped an electric in to get them by............Oh how I love Fridays............(Monday #5)
Mason

Comments

• Mason
    Mason Member Posts: 102
    Pic

• keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    tough to see

is it a crack or chunk missing?
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Maybe

Could it be that the draw rods came loose in shipping and it took awhile to show up? Many times I have found very loose ones before putting into service. Must admit I rarely check package boilers for this mmmmmmmmmmmm,maybe I should.
  • buy american

i have had very few problems with utica and thats all i use. i can get parts, or a new boiler in the middle of the night from my wholesaler. 2 or 3 days is too long to wait when it's zero outside. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • peter desens
    peter desens Member Posts: 41
    Utica boiler

Can't tell much from the picture, other than there appears to be a bit of soot coming out between the sections, this is definitely unheard of.

If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at 1-800-325-5479.

Peter Desens
    Technical Service Manager
    Utica Boilers
This discussion has been closed.