Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

buderus 2109 ???

ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
We are installing a Buderus g115/35 and I am using the Buderus 2109 boiler control. My guy says the well for the primary control is on top and towards the back of the boiler.

Any one use this yet and if so whats the best way to run the wiring. My guy says he has it figured out, but I wondered if theres any better way.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    What are you controlling,Mr.Scott?

I installed one.I would suggest that you run a 3 wire from the control to your panel.If that is how you pipe it.That way you save T&M for your DHW and switching of the heat circut.The 2109 is a basiclly a triple aquastat relay.I installed it for low water return contol with a slab of radiant.So it has the "Pump Logic" feature.Other than that it will prioritize your DHW and post purge the DHW for 4 minutes.So if this is a multy zone application no need to buy a switching relay with priority.

cheese
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    what is the differance

between the 2109 and the 2107? The aquastat well on the oil burners is on the top rear of the boiler, just run the wires from the control, to the well, and install them, I go on top of the insualtion. You dont need to use the Honeywell aquastat that comes with the boiler, on the oil fired models.

Chuck Shaw

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Chuckie chuckie chuckie!!!

Read your literature dude :)The 2107 adds the outdoor reset.That is the largest feature.It also allows you to "build"on,via various port cards.The 2109 sells you the pump logic feature.It is reasonably priced for what you get.

And Mr.Scott........I ran MC and stripped it out under the jacket lid.I put a red head and connector in to terminate the MC.Then ran the line,neut. and ground to their respecte spot in the control.

cheese
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    pump logic

is available on the 2107 also....guess I never read up on the 2109, because I always sell the homeowner on the outdoor reset feature. If you are going that far to add the control, why add 1/2 a control.

Chuck

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    Thanks Guys

Chuck I agree , I allways try and sell the outdoor reset also. In this case its a renovation job with some large radiators and copper finned tubing with a few Buderus panels. I thought I would use the 2109 mainly for the pump protection. I could have just used a triple acting aquastate and shut down the pumps that way, but I wanted to try the control and see whats up.

Cheese I was mainly looking at where the sensor wire goes. On the gas the wells in ion the front, but as Chuck says , on the oil its on top towards the back. And you know the thorough Buderus instructions :).

" Chuckie,Chuckie,Chuckie " who's been watching American Idol ??

Scott

• John (jcg)
    John (jcg) Member Posts: 43
    wirring

All the wiring goes through the back of the boiler jacket which looks really nice when completed. The control uses its own well so nothing shows above the jacket.

jcg
This discussion has been closed.