Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

California Steamin' (on such a winter's day) - Dan H.

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,577
I want to do a two-day steam seminar (residential and commercial) in the San Francisco Bay area in January. I'm looking for a suitable hotel that's easy to get to, has room for about 100 people and plenty of parking for service trucks. Any suggestions from you locals would sure be appreciated. Last time we did this we were in San Mateo. Any place better than that? Thanks.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Sheraton

has a hotel in Emeryville that our local suppliers use for seminars. It's on the Oakland side of the Bay Bridge; easy access.

(800)325-3535 national reservations
    (510)547-7888 Sheraton in Emeryville

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks

Looking at their website I see that their largest meeting room can seat 100. That's may be theater seating, and if so, the room might be too small since I like our guests to have tables in front of them. Marianne will call and check on the square footage. Thanks, Alan.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Alan

do you know of a new hotel near the Sheraton called Woodspin? The Sheraton can't accomodate a group our size and they recommended Woodspin, which is supposed to be right next door. Can you see it from your window? ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • There's a place

called Woodfin [(510)601-5880]' talk to Annalisa for dates and availability.

They've been doing a lot of development in Emeryville; ten years ago it was all heavy industry; locomotive assembly, rebar plant, etc.; now, it's all yuppified: movie theaters, outlet stores, fancy hotels, etc.

Woodfin is a hotel I've never heard of before.

Best wishes,

Alan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • there is always cleveland ohio

hint-hint
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks

Much appreciated, Alan.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    But then

I wouldn't get to use that cool title!

But then, there is the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Hmmmm.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Chris_4
    Chris_4 Member Posts: 75
    of course!!!

just when I move out of California, you want to do a seminar!!

oh well, gives me a good reason to go back. miss it, and am thinking about moving back!

Chris
  • and the ''flats''

lots of beer flows there
  • Paul Cooke
    Paul Cooke Member Posts: 181
    California Steamin'

For some real California Steamin' why not fly into S.F. or Oakland and then head up to Calistoga Hot Springs. Most of the hotels there are heated by Ma Nature's geothermal hot springs. Only a short bus ride from the city.

Sure would be nice to soak in the heated pools after a long seminar. Then a nice massage....You might wind up with more than 100 people.
This discussion has been closed.