Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uniforms for the Gathering

Options
of required dress and proper uniform for everyone who will be attending. That way we will know who you are. These uniforms to be worn the night before as you sit around the tables and tell stories ( some embelished a little) and hang pipe, lay tubing and blow off a lot of steam. Any scorched air guys must sit by and just wonder what it must be like. For those concerned about EPA air quality I as the resident gas man will be bottling all escaping product for sale later on. Benefits to be give to Dan for support of the Wall.

Comments

• don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    Now timmie

Why is it we scored air guys have to get beat up on all the time.Why would you assume that we could only set back in wonder.Or is it we will set back because we feel that we or frown upon.Have you ever wonder why it is that we have this reputation.It's because we have many that think it is easy to do,and that anyone can do it,there or many that will attempt to do force air before they will try to do the wets stuff.We are saturacted with this way of thinking this is why its suffers and the complaint or high.Force air is no different then any other system be it steam,water or air
    the goal is to achieve the best comfort and efficency for
    the dollar that one wish to spend.this is what i beening a (scored air man) must address-dry bulb temp,srecific humidity,wetbulbtemp,relative humidity,dewpoint,enthalpy,
    specific volume,senible heat ratio,friction loss,external static pressure,pressure drops,velocity and primary-secondary trunk system,radial system,perimeter loopsystem
    variable volume system. This don't even cover the vapor compression side of the system,Timmie I think we could set down and have a meaningful discussion,be it air,steam or water its all in the distribution system.Give us guys a little credit,we do know what its like.I Have nothing but respect for all you guys,this is why i visit the wall,because I want to learn and improve my game on the wet side of the system.There or some of us who do there homework.Well time to get back in the corner.don
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,544
    Options
    Don,

you're more than welcome to join us. I think you'd bring some great insights to the Gathering. It's all about conversation and the sharing of knowledge, experience and opinions. A great way for you to, as you say, improve your game. And us too, I'll bet.

Thanks for being a part of the Wall.
    Retired and loving it.
  • My point was not to beat anyone up

it was meant in a humorous way to wonder what makes all these hydronic guys tick. I have been in this business too long to consider anyone any more or less talented than anyone else. I also teach all trades people not just Wetheads. I guess somtimes my humor can be misunderstood. I apologize for any misunderstanding. The truth is at this stage in life I am not so sure I want to take too many things real seriously. I find my self lately just sitting somewhat amused by all the rhetoric that goes on among all of us. There is great talent here on this sight and no one I hope is trying to be better or to put anyone down. I love you brother and I am sorry if I upset you. I am here to learn with everyone else and boy I learn something new every time I come on this and other sites.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    Don

A great many of us work the "scorched" air side too & I agree with your assesment regarding what it takes to do the air side of things correctly too. Unfortunately, as you & I know all to well, the ones who routinely perform all of the technical aspects are in less than 10% of the air movement trade. Same is true with hydronics in general and this site, as does radiant work, attracts that 10% of the tradesmen, manufacturers and reps.

Too bad you missed the great April 1st scorched air debacle on The Wall. For 24 hours, The Wall went scorched air! (I got in the Holohan dog house for that stunt!) I still worry about Tickles the cat who was lost in the ductwork.

In reality, those who post here share a deep respect for all tradesmen and tradeswomen who strive to improve their skills daily while providing the best systems available to the public that provide comfort, economy and promote healthy living - no matter which side of the fence they're on.

I understand Father Dan will be granting special dispensation(s) to those scorchies who cross over to Wet Head status at the Wet Stock Convention.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    Timmie

No need for apology,We are use to getting beat up on.I been known to do it myself.Until the ones who think that all one needs is a duct calculator,bottle of freon and a set of guages it will always be this way.Timmie I am a big fan,
    I have many gas appliance manual in my tool box,no feeling hurt here my friend.Respectfully, don
This discussion has been closed.