Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Gathering- Michael - Warm Floors

Options
Wetheads

To be honest, I’m not one of you; I don’t live and breathe boilers or steam or NSPH or variable-ratio injection mixing or all the esoteric elements of hydronics. But I am a tech-head, and I hope that admits me through the side door. And I have enjoyed my infrequent adventures on The Wall, and have appreciated those of you that I’ve met through the years. It’s been great. Thanks.

Me, not a real Wethead, but a fair businessman, skier, scuba diver, canoe adventurer, kayaker, world traveler, backpacker, salesman, photographer, lover of music and poetry and birds, and all kinds of things that don’t really matter. But for this Gathering, I’ll try to focus on Wetheading, a new verb.

The Gathering may be Dan’s finest moment, and I would not miss it for the world. You might not be surprised that there are not direct flights from San Francisco to Marlborough, Mass. (can’t spell the whole damn thing!). But no matter, along with the cream of crop of Wetheads, I’ll be there to learn, and when I can, share.

My plans are to arrive the afternoon before and leave the day after (Saturday night stays reduce flight costs), and I want to invite you all to dinner. Uh…..did not mean to suggest that I was treating everyone, (but I will cough up for the first bottle or pitcher)! It’s what I think we used to call “Dutch Treat” or BYO…..”Buy Your Own”.

But seriously, if any of you want to join me for dinner on the night before or Saturday night after the raucous, tell some tall technical tales, make up lies about Dan, share stupid mistakes you have learned to love (have you heard about the backwards plumbing that raised the toilet temperature to 140F? ….yes, wax seal, teak floors!), let me know.

If any of you happen to know the ideal venue, (great food, cold pitchers, foxy waitresses, low prices, lack of dress code, tolerance of loud boorish contractor types, etc.) let me know. I’ll see if I can make reservations……or if you have connections, maybe you can).

All Dan can do is set the stage; it’s up to us to make it an event we won’t forget. Let’s do that! Let’s share our successes, exchange technical tricks, become better than we are, and have some fun. See you there.

Michael Luttrell, Warm Floors (www.warmfloors.com)

Comments

• Paul Pollets_2
    Paul Pollets_2 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Maybe

we can find a local castle to have a 4 star meal....Looking forward to seeing you, Paul Pollets

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Scene of the crime

I believe many of us will be bumping into each other on Friday evening at the All-Star (appropriate name, eh?) Bar & Grill, which is on-site and from which you cannot be arrested for WUI.

http://www.rplazahotels.com/dining.cfm
    Retired and loving it.
  • the 1 St. Wetstock

Your posts on the Wall tell all.
    You are worthy & well qualified.
    You worry too much.
    Yup. > You'll will be accepted. No doubts there.
    I for one look foreward to puting a face to all your posts
    & to seeing you there.
    From my experiences, I've had nothing but friendships & learning experiences from these Wet Headed Professionals.
    I believe this is going to be the BEST learning experience EVER!
    The 1St. Wetstock.
    You can tell your grandchildern you were there first.

The G.Man
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Mad dog likes to grab his chow and \"wheat sodas\"

on site..I can relax more and keep my DWI record non-existent. Lookin' real foward to this, might even stay the second night (saturday if Barb i'll let me...update we'll she ain't! actually, I don't even have the nerve to ask her - got more commitments in the next 3 months than I care to mention...sorry Murph, but if I stayed the 2nd night it would probably turn into 3....knowing me) ) Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Friday nights

Friday night maybe bigger than Saturday, if thats possible.

I am stocked to see all of you but more so to drink and relaxe while telling tall tales.

Dan you may want to tell the hotel to reserve a couple of tables. Maybe not a bad I idea to have a show of Hands.

Scott

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    As we get closer

we'll do that. Good idea, Chowdahead!
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.