Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars Endurance question- s milne

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
Has anyone used or had experience with the new Teledyne Laars Endurance boiler ?

It looks like it could work well for my small cottage job. It only has a twenty gallon tank but the recovory is 4 gpm.
This would be L.P..

Thanks in advance

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Joannie
    Joannie Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Endurance

Hi, Scott. The 20 gallon tank in the Endurance is boiler water, not domestic water. The 20 gallons is kept hot to respond to a demand for domestic water, which is made through a very efficient plate and frame heat exchanger. Email me if you want to discuss the unit.

Take care,

Joan Mishou

Laars Heating Systems
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Nice to hear

you're still at Teledyne-Laars, Joan. Don't leave; you are one of their best assets.

For those of you that have been around long enough, you'll remember that the Endurace was originally Heatmaker, manufactured by Trianco. Teledyne-Laars bought the company, changed the name and from what I'm told, has improved the product.

There are still a few of the old units here in the Bay Area and every now and then you get a no-heat call; it's usually a pressure switch, bad sensor or a fan that's gone bad. Homeowners get pretty testy when these things happen every year, but as I said before, I think Teledyne-Laars has made improvements.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Endurance Boiler

I have a unit at my training center it is a good package. I am sure Joan will help you out. I suggest you take a little ride over to Rochester New Hampshire and attend their class. It is excellent and will give you a real heads up for installation. Mark Hughes is an excellent instructor. Hey why don't we get him to come in November.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Thanks

Joan, Thanks for explaining that to me. Thats makes alot more sense. I have had brief experience with the (no)heatmaker. I 'll take Alan's word that they have worked out the bugs. This should fit just where I need it for this small project. I post some pictures when its installed.

Thanks to all

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    Options
    Ihave set

5 or 6 and only problem was a bad board. The board was one from the testing days(stamped Heatmaker)and it work for a year. The oldest one I got out there is31/2-4 years old and no sevice call on it. System yes (powervent top)glycol checks ect.. If you have hard water you may want to be prepared to clean the flatplate everso often. The buffer tank allows microloads without any real adverse afects.
  • Joannie
    Joannie Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Thanks, Alan

What a nice compliment!

Endurance is a design that was based on the Heatmaker H and HW design, but it's not just an update of the H or HW.

Actually, Trianco had already pretty much designed the Endurance when Laars bought Trianco (not Teledyne Laars anymore, by the way - the Teledyne name went away a few years ago).

If anyone has any questions about the design of the Endurance, please feel free to email me.

Joan Mishou

Laars Heating Systems
This discussion has been closed.