Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question for yuz guys S Ebels

Options
Steve Ebels
Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
This is an intermittent use item. It'll be run only on demand. What I'm pondering is how to show it there is a demand when the dhw is already in use. Also the tub would not be a prioritized "zone".

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=175&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Steve Ebels
    Options

I'm looking at a print for a church which needs provision for heating the water in a baptistry. The basic system that I'm spec'ing will be a Vitogas 100 boiler with 40 gallon DHW tank for the kitchens and baths, 3 air handlers and a couple panel rads for offices that need heat when the rest of the building is in setback. The basic boiler control I'm looking at is Viessmann's KW-10 outdoor reset control. All of the above is no problem except that somehow I have to kick on the boiler to heat the baptistry even when the system is in warm weather shutdown. Should I abandon the idea of using the boiler for heating the baptistry and just use a dedicated heater for this? I hate the thought of some 70% efficient water heater trying to heat up 400 gallons of H2O. System is LP gas BTW.

Any thought or personal experiences????

Thanks
    Steve Ebels

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Use relays....

to isolate the DHW heater and a separate circuit and HX for heating the pool.
    If either one calls for heat the boiler will run, but only the system that needs heat
    will be heating. (the DHW or the HX)

Hey anything is possible!!!!
    Just takes time and money :-)

I'm sure there may be other ways to do this, just this was the first thing that poped
    into my mind.

Floyd
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Baptized

Steve,
    Where were you when I was baptized in W.V. in a creek.
    That water was cold. Have a good one!
  • Steve Ebels
    Options
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    WWSD

Steve can't the warm weather shut down be turned off or at least raised to the point not being an issiue ? That way you can still use the boiler heat the babistry. Problem I am wondering about is, would the heat curve be so low during the summer as to not raise the temp enough ?

How about adding the babistry to the Priority and isolating the indirects with a second aqaustat so as to not overide when the babistry calls. HHmm I think you would have to have them both isolated. HHmm. Could priority run thru a seperate mutli relay which would only allow the zone calling to operate in priority than allow them both to overide WWSD ??

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    Options
    Take a look at the Tekmar controls

Nearly all of them have a connection for either a DHW demand and/ or setpoint demand that fires the boiler, runs the pumps, etc. during WWSD. Many also have a place to connect a sensor to monitor the water temp in the tank (or in your case baptismal pool) and will cycle the equipment accordingly. The sensor, however, is probably best used for maintaining a set water temp all the time, which you probably don't want to do.

Boilerpro
  • Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    Options
    Many tekmars have both Dhw AND Setpoint demand

The setpoint is usually used for pool heating, spas, snowmelt, etc separate from the DHW demand. Just looked at the 262, and it has both. I've used it several times and it works REAL nice. Got one to install on a job starting monday, put one in just a few weeks ago, and another about 2 years ago.

Boilerpro
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Steve

I mentioned priority because in WWSD its the only override I could think of. Sounds like boiler pros got a good solution. Allthoguh you are using Viessmann. Couldnt the tub have a isolution to swith to simply turn it when theres a call, and even if in wwsd that zone would call ?

scott

• Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Here's the deal....

go here... this is what you are looking for....

not sure if you could do this with a 260 and a 150, also...
    but I'm sure you could call Tekmar and find out.

www.tekmarcontrols.com/app/a2621.html

Floyd
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Overboard

I think you guys are over engineering this thing. This tub is not going to require that much heat or sofistication. Just buy your self a spa pak. It will have the pump, electric heater, filter, controls and a spa side control on about 20 feet of wire to control the thing. Save yourself some time and your customer some money.
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Options
    keep it simple

i would think about just a switch (like a light switch) that would send power to the an aquastat relay, and would turn on a pump, like a domestic hot water recirc line. why over think it. keep it simple, keep it economical.

chuck shaw

This discussion has been closed.