Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Clearing out Dead Inventory

Options
Chauncey
Chauncey Member Posts: 43
Is the a website or any place where a contractor can present unused inventory for sale? Mike

Comments

• eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Options
    Ebay!

NM.

al
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    How about.........

donating some of it to the local vo-tech? With all of the budget cuts happening these days, they are always in the need for stuff. I happened across 10 brand new Riello R35 burners in boxes that I am trying to donate to my local vo-tech. Heck, it's a win-win. The kids get equipment and I get known by future technicians and get a tax write-off to boot.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Yes to E bay

I bought a bunch of surplus carwash installation parts from a local company recently. Paid $600.00, sold everything I couldn't use it piece by piece on E- Bay. Cleared over 3 grand by just typing, clicking, and calling UPS.

Couldn't believe some of the stuff people bought. Lots of surplus dealers that specilize in specfic products all over the country buy on e-bay. Kinda of fun watching the bid frenzy minutes before the item closes :)

Also sold a bunch of old railroad items a friend was trashing. Got tons of interest in that stuff. Some guy bought a huge track side cast iron signal light that weighed a couple hundred pounds! I sent it piece by piece via UPS

Takes a few tranactions to get the hang of it, got lots of help and nice comments from the serious E bay community folks. Lots of fun and easy to do in spare time.

Try it!

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    Spare time???

I'm always on here, trying to suck up some more
    wisdom from you and the reat of the gang!!!

Floyd
This discussion has been closed.