Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Interesting study on world boiler market hr

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
and click on the News and Trends button. Interesting "Brazil is dominated by special electric showers with the element in the showerhead" shocking idea.

Electric instantaneous in Germany???

Condensing boilers the fastest growing segment, four countries control 90% of the world market, hmmmm.

Nice find Fuel Oil News team!

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    Electric shower heads

My wife and I spent a year doing missionary work in Peru, and I got to be very familiar with the electric shower heads you speak of, but the first time in... went against all the good American sense that I had.

Everything is 220v down there, and don't think nice code wiring either.

They have an old-fashioned looking knife switch located just inches from the shower curtain, and there are two strip type fuses (that look just like two three inch pieces of solder) built into the switch.

Now just to make it interesting, the fuse cover is almost ALWAYS gone. You turn on the water, (which is all gravity fed by a tank on the flat concrete roof) Carefully flip the switch, and the thing starts gently hissing like a coffee maker. In all my travels, I only found one that did not give you a mild tingle if you touched it with your wet head. The wiring is simply a piece of extension cord (2 conductor)looped over the curtain rod and wrapped around the 1/2" galv. shower pipe a few turns before it enters the head.

They're very cheaply built and they are sold on the street corners along with pirated cassette tapes and old National Geographics. Beautiful country though! Kevin
This discussion has been closed.