Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Remotely operated thermostats

chuck shaw
chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
I have a coustomer, with a home on Cape Cod, he lives in Boston. He has his home maintain 50*F when he is away. He has a system, that allows him to toggle on and off two zones of heat (6 zone system). But would like to be able to work all the zones. And have some control of the set temperature. He usually would do this the night before he came down, or the morning he came down. Has anyone had good luck with a system such as this? What brands have you used? Pros and Cons? Any information would be great

thanks in advance

Chuck Shaw

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=143&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Networked zoning system

Hi, Chuck! Check out our Networked zoning system. It works with hydronics and offeres access from any touchtone phone, with the optional Telephone access module. Go to www.honeywell.customer.com, and follow the prompts to get the tech sheets. Good Luck!
  • mark_28
    mark_28 Member Posts: 23
    remote operation of thermostats

Research Products Corp.- Aprilaire has quite an extensive offering including software for remote control of HVAC via a modem - I'm just getting into it on a job now. Contact Dan Hansen at Aprilaire for details.
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    thanks bill

the fax arrived today...I havent had a chance to look it over yet...but I will soon. Thanks again

Chuck Shaw

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Ron Petty
    Ron Petty Member Posts: 1
    Tekmar

I do lots of weekend houses with multiple zones. I use a Tekmar house control 371. For more than 5 zones add a zone controller. Each zone can have its own occupied and unoccupied temp. A simple short between the occupied terminals switches the entire house. You can even turn the dhw off. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.