Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Milwaukee Tools

Options
Tony Conner
Tony Conner Member Posts: 549
Anybody tried the "Pathfinder" drill bit from Milwaukee? Looks like it would be a very nice addition to your toolbox if you do residential heating - plumbing - electrical - A/C work. You can drill (wood) around corners with one of these things. I actually surfed by their site (www.mil-electric-tool.com) to get some info on their "Hawk" hammer drill, then looked at their new products section. If you do any amount of drilling in concrete, check out a "Hawk". For a 1" hammer drill that only weighs 7-1/2 lbs, this thing does a nice, nice job.

Comments

• Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Why as a matter of fact..............

I bought a set last month and I must say they came in very handy.Nice bits.

cheese
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Milwaukee finally

upgraded their Hole Hawg. After years of smacking around plumbers they now put the theory of the lever to work! Nice job.

Those pathfinder bits work great, until you hit a nail :)

For great new tool updates, subscribe to Tools of the Trade mag www.toolsofthetrade.net

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Al_3
    Al_3 Member Posts: 79
    Options

speaking of milwaukie tools, am i the only one out there who has a graveyard of hole hogs in the back of their shop?
  • Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543
    Options
    Holehawgs

I love my HoleHawg . Damn things tried to kill me a couple of times. One was on a ladder 30 ft.up drilling thru a glulam to run some bracing. When the bit jammed it picked my 250lb. lardbutt of that ladder. Damn that drill got some UMPH. Hope that new super Hawg has the same power Its about time milwauke put a clutch on the Hawg.As for bits I still think Greenlee nailbiters are the best. Milwauke's auger bits fall apart when they see a nail like a little ol victorian faintin' maiden. The milwaukee bits, in my plumbers kit that I have, are off shore metal.
  • Big Al and the pipewrenches
    Options
    GlueLams

In our part od the country Colorado Rocky Mountains, Structural Engineeeers and framing inspectors won't let us
    DRILL gluelams or microlams!
  • ryan
    ryan Member Posts: 23
    Options
    hole hawgs

• ryan
    ryan Member Posts: 23
    Options
    hole hawgs

My father bought on when he started out in the early sixties and we still have it
  • Al_3
    Al_3 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    hole hawg

I certainly don't mean to beat on milwaukie, I currently have 10 drills working in the field, nobody makes a drill any better than their's that I can beat the hell out of like we do now, and I have had awesome luck with their 900 rpm single speed unit compared to the two speed drill. I just wish I could buy a drill & have it perform like all of my customers expect my equiptment to perform, forever!
  • Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543
    Options
    Drillin

The bracing was engineer required and the location was west valley city utah. The boys backhere in the east have never seen glulams that big, they think it can only be done with steel.
This discussion has been closed.