Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Panel update (ME)

Options
Don't ya love it; fogless mirrors, warm marble counter tops, heated dog houses, evaporated elephant pee, accelerated wheat grass sprouts, warm butts fireplace thresholds, and oh, so much more.

Aren't we great at making simple ideas so complicated?

Why not just place plates beween studs, insert pipe and cover with sheetrock? Is the glue/jig/pressure necessary?

How about two assemblies,one cheap and quick, the other glued and jigged, and compare performance?

Exactly how much do you have to heat the mirror to prevent condensation on the surface? Would a $ 20 heat lamp pointed at the mirror for a few minutes work?

Or...........is the owner paying for all of this?

Finally, what's wrong with UTSCSCMMFRRHS/AP? It has a nice poetic ring! <G>
Michael

Comments

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Finally found (made) some time...

to put the finishing touches on the ultra thin super conductive super duper medium mass fast response radiant heating sheetrock/aluminum panel (WHEW!!). I'm going to have to boil that down some. It won't fit on an 8-1/2 X 11 sheet.

Anyway, covered the JIG/MULE assembly with aluminum foil and masking tape so as not to glue the right thing in/on the wrong places. Sprayed the back of the sheet rock and the mating face of the aluminum heat transfer panels. Lifted the panel into place and temporarily screwed the sheet rock to the MULE/JIG. Flipped the whole assembly over and pressure rolled the aluminum so it came into good contact with the sheetrock surfaces and effected a good bond. Bear in mind, I'm doing all this in the pristine work (yeah, right...) environment known as my back yard...

After letting the whole works "rest" for approximately 1 hour, I "hatched" the panel out if the jig/mule and VIOLA, one 32 square foot gross, 24 square foot net radiant wall ultra thin super conductive super duper medium mass fast response radiant heating sheetrock/aluminum panel. (WHEW!!)

Let the production begin...

The Lovely and Talented LuAnn wanted to know where in our humble abode I was planning to install this "piece of work", and I smiled and told her I hadn't decided yet. She said to be sure and run it past her before I started cutting and drilling.

"Sure thang honey buns"!!:-)

Whaddya think wallies. Am I still off my "rock"er??

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Options
  • Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543
    Options
    once again

time for a copyright or patent. I can see GP or DOMITAR coming out with one soon. The heat tolerance of the glue as far as ofgassing when heated is my only mild concern
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Options
    Guaranteed Fog Proof Mirror...

Thanks for the great idear Peeler!

Funny what some people are willing to lay out money for...

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Michael - Warm Floors
    Options
    Fog free faces

Don't ya love it; fogless mirrors, warm marble counter tops, heated dog houses, evaporated elephant pee, accelerated wheat grass sprouts, warm butts fireplace thresholds, and oh, so much more.

Aren't we great at making simple ideas so complicated?

Why not just place plates beween studs, insert pipe and cover with sheetrock? Is the glue/jig/pressure necessary?

How about two assemblies,one cheap and quick, the other glued and jigged, and compare performance?

Exactly how much do you have to heat the mirror to prevent condensation on the surface? Would a $ 20 heat lamp pointed at the mirror for a few minutes work?

Or...........is the owner paying for all of this?

Finally, what's wrong with UTSCSCMMFRRHS/AP? It has a nice poetic ring!

Michael

PS: it can only be well tested in a high warm vapor environment (HWVE) ie. Bathroom.

• Mark Eatherton1
    Options
    Michael...

I guess you missed the original post where we used the radiant wall panels built in place. They were being used on a Habitat for Humanity Home. The construction supervisor was worried about jolly vollies with screw guns in hand working around the tube. This is my solution to his dilemma. WE are the only ones around the tube with screw guns in hand.

You're right, a $20.00 heat lamp probably would work, but so does a hand water pump...

See you at the gathering my friend.

ME

This discussion has been closed.